M59 vs L45 TLB

/ M59 vs L45 TLB #1  

Dirtball

Silver Member
Tractor
NH TC33D
Been looking at Deere 110 and now considering one of the above any comments. The 7-8000lb machine with rear PTO is what I am after. thanks

/ M59 vs L45 TLB #2  
Go M59 or L48, the L45/39 is just to small compared to the others. The tires are tiny in comparison.

/ M59 vs L45 TLB #3  
Go M59 or L48, the L45/39 is just to small compared to the others. The tires are tiny in comparison.

Depends on what you are going to use the tractor for. I chose the L39 over the L48 because a wanted a smaller tractor for maneuverability in tight areas. I was originally looking for a JD110, but could not find a used one at reasonable cost that was not all beat to heck. I looked at the L48 but decided it was bigger than what I wanted. You do have less ground clearance with the L39 or L45 so that is a drawback. And of course, you have much more power with an L48 or L59. Other than tire size, the JD110 and L45 have essentially the same specifications.

EDIT: Follow up on the JD110. Any hydraulic remotes, front or rear, are factory options only. So if you are looking at used tractors, make sure it has what you need. The three point hitch is an option, so again not every used tractor will have it. I think the hitch was about $800 from a JD dealer when I was looking a few years ago. Also, depending how and where you are going to use the tractor, there is a skid plate option for the JD110. It has a lot of hydraulic lines on the bottom and I saw a lot of damage to them on used tractors without the skid plates. My L39 has the hydraulic filters on the bottom and I made a guard for them after almost puncturing one. I am not sure about the L45 but I suspect the filter location is similar to the L39.

Last edited:
   / M59 vs L45 TLB #4  
dirtball,

the M59 is gonna weigh a bit over 8K...maybe 8300 with the hoe. Someone here should know the exact weight.

-mark

/ M59 vs L45 TLB #5  
L45TL 5350lb
L45TLB 7275lb

M59TL 6158 lb
M59TLB 8345 - 8455 depending on options

weights from 2010 whole goods doc.

/ M59 vs L45 TLB #6  
I just bought an L45, couldn't be happier. Wanted the beefiest tractor I could tow w/ my 2500 HD so it came down to the L45 and the 110. Would have liked the M59 but too heavy to haul w/ my pick-up not to mention 10K+ more.

/ M59 vs L45 TLB #7  
Comparing the Deere 110 to the L45 is the correct one. The M59 is a lot beefier. I like the L45 because of it's size/weight. Both are very nice machines. I haven't test driven the 110 as there are no close Deere dealers but the L45 is very nice to drive and that BH --> :thumbsup:.

/ M59 vs L45 TLB #8  
Had a customer swap up, his thoughts, why didn't you sell me that the first time!!!! I did offer it to him but he said he didn't see where it was worth the extra money to him.

That was until I sold one to a freind of his and he had a chance to operate his!! Took less then 48 hours from the time of operating to complete the sale.

/ M59 vs L45 TLB
Questions- can you drop the loader on both machines ? Why no cab on the M59? If that unit had AC/Heat I'd have all my prayers answered in regards to the perfect sized tractor for most of my weather challenged tasks. Snow removal, brush hogging. Where is most of the weight in the L45 compared to the lighter L's ?

/ M59 vs L45 TLB #10  
Questions- can you drop the loader on both machines ? Why no cab on the M59? If that unit had AC/Heat I'd have all my prayers answered in regards to the perfect sized tractor for most of my weather challenged tasks. Snow removal, brush hogging. Where is most of the weight in the L45 compared to the lighter L's ?

I know the bucket is QA, not sure about the loader 'arm's themselves. No idea about the cab on the M59 and why they didn't but I now Kubota has never had one for their TLB lineup. The weight of the L45 vs other lighter L's I believe is in the frame - much beefier/heavier grade steel. You can easily see the difference if you compare it with another Kubota on a lot. The BH definitely adds some weight as well of course.