What's a lot of hours?

/ What's a lot of hours? #1  

patio

Tractor
Kubota B7500
What\'s a lot of hours?

I'm Looking at a 1996 b2100 with 460 hours. My question is what constitutes a lot of hours? Is it 500 1000 or ???

/ What's a lot of hours? #2  
Re: What\'s a lot of hours?

460 of a 1996 is real low hours, but what kind of hours is the question/
I have a B7500 I bought new in 2001 and have 180+ hours.

/ What's a lot of hours? #3  

Patio
Here in N. Texas, most compact tractor owners who use their tractors "around the place" put less than 100 hours per year on their machines. 460 hours in 6 to 7 years would fit into that catagory. I would be surprised if even 460 tough hours would have hurt that tractor. A good visual inspection would reveal if it has been abused.
Lewis

/ What's a lot of hours? #4  

Well patio, the hour meter on my F2400 was broken at 4500 hours when I bought it. It probably had at least 5000 hours on it and maybe much nore. However, the bottom line is that it has given me no problems. I put about 100 hours per year on the machine so if I keep going for another 20 years, it will have at least 7000 hours and still be going strong and I won't be. My understanding is that 8000 to 10000 hours is not unusual for these engines.

/ What's a lot of hours? #5  

Guess I'd me more concerned with the # of owners and how it was used/maintained than just the total hours. I bought new in 1999 and now have 350 hours of fairly regular use. Machine is probably hardly broken in yet. 460 hours can be just about brand new and the machine should LOOK about brand new with those hours. If not maybe the meter has been disconnected or rolled.