Price Check L 3940 HST

/ L 3940 HST #1  

RJJR

Gold Member
Tractor
2011 Kioti DK45 HST
Good afternoon folks,
Can someone comment on the L3940 HST and this asking price? I was just quoted an asking price of $21K for this unit. What other fees can I reasonably expect the dealer to add once I get there? I had been looking at the 3240 and 3540 but feel this will be better for a 6 foot bushog for heavy trail clearing and loader work. Please tell me what you're using this tractor for and what i can expect. Are there any wekanesses to this tractor over the other two? i have heavy cut-over to clear, stumps to remove, roads to maintain etc...
Thank you in advance.
RJ

/ L 3940 HST
Kind of just helped myself. Spoke to another dealer who told me he had the same tractor for 20K. By the way there is a 1000 rebate on them until the 30th. Didn't think to ask but these are probably cash prices aren't they?

/ L 3940 HST #3  
When I was shopping last year, cash and financed prices were the same. I don't know if the rebate comes off or is factored in since I was not in a cash position.

/ L 3940 HST #4  
I just bought a L3940HST and after the reabate it was in was like 20500. One thing I can say is it handles a 6ft cutter like a dream.

/ L 3940 HST #5  
The $1000 is for paying in cash or if you don't use Kubota financing. The best thing you can do is go to Kubota.com and go to the Grand L section then do the "build my Tractor" All the options will be there and it'll give you list price. A good price would be 10% or more off of list.

/ L 3940 HST #6  
I paid $19375 for mine, tractor only. Love the HST+, could not be better. Some people will tell you to step up to the L4240 and get the bigger loader, if I had to do it over again, I would get the L4240. But, with that being said, there is nothing that I have not been able to pick up with my LA724. Runs 6' bush hog fine till you get to the 6' tall weeds. I normally run a 6' finish mower, plenty of power, and the HST+ shines. FEL is super easy on and off. I like the smoothness of the 4 cylinder engine and balance shafts, but I have not driven a L3240 or L3540. Only fee dealer added was state tax. I would add one or two rear remotes before you pick it up. I would also strongly suggest a hydraulic top link, but you can get that from CCM or someplace similar. The only thing I would add to my tractor is a light to indicate when the 4WD is engaged. Philip.

Attachments

• FBLADE04.jpg
    FBLADE04.jpg
    851.4 KB · Views: 276
  • FEL04.jpg
    FEL04.jpg
    1,022.4 KB · Views: 295
  • BUSHHOG2.jpg
    BUSHHOG2.jpg
    955.7 KB · Views: 258
   / L 3940 HST
Thanks everyone,
Phillip, can I expect this loader to dig in virgin soil if I add teeth? What about a 4 in 1 bucket on this loader? I've got heavey cutover to clear with pines that have volunteered and am trying to think of the best way to get them out. Also, what does the hydraulic top link do? I'm not familiar with the remotes and there functions. Thanks RJ

/ L 3940 HST #8  
Thanks everyone,
Phillip, can I expect this loader to dig in virgin soil if I add teeth? What about a 4 in 1 bucket on this loader? I've got heavey cutover to clear with pines that have volunteered and am trying to think of the best way to get them out. Also, what does the hydraulic top link do? I'm not familiar with the remotes and there functions. Thanks RJ

I do not have teeth on my bucket, so before I dig in hard pack soil I drop rippers on my box blade and loosen everything up. My buddy has teeth on his bucket, but before he digs in hard pack soil he uses rotortiller to loosen everything up. I do not have any experience with 4-n-1 bucket. The hydraulic top link makes 3 point attachements very east to hook up and adjust angle. A rear hydraulic remote is required to operate the hydraulic top link. Philip.

Attachments

• TOPLINK06.jpg
    TOPLINK06.jpg
    687.5 KB · Views: 329
  • TOPLINK10.jpg
    TOPLINK10.jpg
    765 KB · Views: 315
  • REMOTES03.jpg
    REMOTES03.jpg
    384.5 KB · Views: 295
   / L 3940 HST
Price update. The 20K quote was for a 2010 model that has been on the yard since late in 2009. Asked for price on new 3940 and told around 21500. The hood and fenders are faded from the sun on the 2010. I think they'll struggle to sell it at that price difference between new and old.

/ L 3940 HST #10  
I paid $21,500 June 2010 for my L3940 HST-3. $4,800 for the LA724 quick attach loader w/ skid steer quick attach regular bucket (not HD, not round back).

I used Kubota Credit's 0% for 60-month deal, so insurance was a requirement: $1,313 for the entire 60 months.

Also added were a $50 loan setup fee, a $35 UCC1 "state fee" (whatever that is), & a $97 Doc Stamps fee.

I probably coulda haggled a little better with some of these figures, but this is what I settled for & I've been very satisfied.