Buying Advice pricing used kubota bx1860

/ pricing used kubota bx1860
I didn't know what Barlow's was but just checked out their web page. I'll give them a call today. Thanks for the tip.

/ pricing used kubota bx1860 #12  
I agree. Your pricing, both on the new one and the used you're considering is way off. Take 10% off Kubota web site pricing just as a starting point.

When you get Barlow's price, you'll see that the used one is not a good deal.

/ pricing used kubota bx1860 #13  
I agree 16000 seems high. My BX24 ran me 16500 without mower. So somethings seems wrong

/ pricing used kubota bx1860 #14  
Just to clarify my last post, the used machine I am looking at is going for $12,000 and is a 2009 BX 1860 with 54"mmm, FEL, ballast box and snow blade. Pricing a new machine with same equipment from the Kubota web site puts a new one around $16,000 plus tax. With a price difference of $4,000. The $4,000 savings make it tempting to take the risk.

I just went through pricing the 1860 and 2360. 1860 was $12400, machine, 54" mmm, loader. Bbox is $150 on sale. I bought the 2360 for $12300 and added the bbox. $16250, you can get a BX25 with the backhoe and mmm.

I just did the pricing on the Kubota website again. I couldn't copy the quote it produces but here is what I get. bx1860 $9,594, BB $237, FEL $2184, 4 position control valve $636, 54"MMM $1,1770, 60" Front blade $1.260, skid shoes $132, Quick Hitch sub frame $586.

Total 16,379 without discounts and tax.

I'm not sure you included the front blade which comes to $2000 with needed accessories.

I'm going to get a quote from my local Kubota dealer. I must be doing something wrong.

/ pricing used kubota bx1860 #16  
Oops, I bought the 2360 for $13,300, not $12,300. Typo. Web site offers msrp, dealers discount. Around here, 3 dealers all within $200 of each other. Lucky for me, the closest one gave me the best vibes.

/ pricing used kubota bx1860 #17  
1*Thanks for all the helpful replies. This is the first time for me posting here. I've found this site helpful in repairing my cub cadet, but it's getting a little old. I have found a used Kubota per my post for $12,000 with about 60 hours. I'm a little concerned about buying used as Kevinc2004 points out there a piece of mind buying new with a warranty. The person selling has few details about the history of the machine other than he got it at an estate sale.
It looks very lightly used and in good condition. I'm on the fence. Not sure I should take the chance.
1*I didn't know what Barlow's was but just checked out their web page. I'll give them a call today. Thanks for the tip
1*I bought 3 Kubotas 2 new 1 used .
No issues with any of them .
2*I believe you better price your new one at Barlows because that new price you're giving appears way off to me and I've bought several Kubotas.
2*I second that amendment.:laughing:

3*I agree 16000 seems high. My BX24 ran me 16500 without mower. So somethings seems wrong
3*My BX23 with 48 inch Fel Back hoe and a 60'' MMM set me back $15500 when i bought it new in 2004 it also had a front brush guard with it..
Glad I bought it back then and i'm not shopping for one now.
+++++++++=========~~~~~~~~~
I bought both of these from Barlows at the same time a bit over 3 years ago.

This is the new BX1500 with the new 48''MMM.

This one is a used 2003 BX1500.
I bought the 60'' front blade and the 48'' rear tiller new from Barlows. when i bought the tractors.
The used 48'' MMM that came with this tractor is not shown .
Can't tell any difference between it and the new ones when driving or operating them ..

/ pricing used kubota bx1860 #18  
Well I'll go against the grain here and (assuming your Kubota web site numbers are accurate - didn't check) and taking 10% off of retail (you may do better at Barlow's), then adding sales tax, I don't think the used machine is overpriced, assuming you can get it for maybe $11.5K (no sales tax add on) - most buyers price used equipment assuming they'll take a little less, so that's what I'd offer to start. All BX's come with a 2 year powertrain warranty, and the non TLB version (i.e., BX25, BX24, BX23) come with an additional 3rd year on the rest of the tractor. I think implements are one year, however. So I'd check to see what warranty actually remains on the used unit should you seriously consider it.

You can also take the serial number of the used machine to your local dealer and have them run it for warranty or other dealer work.

/ pricing used kubota bx1860 #19  
Well I'll go against the grain here and (assuming your Kubota web site numbers are accurate - didn't check) and taking 10% off of retail (you may do better at Barlow's), then adding sales tax, I don't think the used machine is overpriced, assuming you can get it for maybe $11.5K (no sales tax add on) - most buyers price used equipment assuming they'll take a little less, so that's what I'd offer to start. All BX's come with a 2 year powertrain warranty, and the non TLB version (i.e., BX25, BX24, BX23) come with an additional 3rd year on the rest of the tractor. I think implements are one year, however. So I'd check to see what warranty actually remains on the used unit should you seriously consider it.

You can also take the serial number of the used machine to your local dealer and have them run it for warranty or other dealer work.

Agree. That used package, if still under warranty, at Chris' target price of $11,500 would be a very, very good deal. At $12,500, I wouldn't be in much of a rush.

Chris, I think you are on target. I had that same price in mind. I am in Connecticut also. I have followed the advice of the helpful posts and have received a price from Barlow's $14350 and local dealer $14900 (no tax included) price as equipped. The used machine seller is down to $11800. He hasn't provide serial number or purchase date(he seems to be tired of haggling with me). I would have to pay someone to transport it home for me.

Seems the used machine is a good deal but not a great one. I am leaning toward buying new.