Buying Advice pricing used kubota bx1860

/ pricing used kubota bx1860 #1  

pzack

Tractor
Cub Cadet 3165
I was thing of buying a used Kubota bx1860 for mowing, snow plowing and moving mulch, wood, and top soil. I have around 2 acres to mow.

Any advice on pricing for a used machine a couple years old with low hours with snow plow, 54"MMM, FEL and ballast box?

I currently own a Cub Cadet 3165 with snow plow and 48"MMM.

Thanks

/ pricing used kubota bx1860 #2  
Pzak i just purchased a new bx1860 with fel and a woods 48" box scraper in ohio tax out the door delivered for $11,000. Kubota is offering 0% financing for 5 yrs. Couldn't justify buying a new mmm at there prices when my old John Deere sst15 was still in good shape to mow the yard. I too looked at used stuff on ebay and other tractor sites and found out that most kubota's hold their resale values well. The ones that were fairly priced had a lot of hrs.
For a couple thousand more I bought new and used their money and left mine in the bank! I also got a warrenty which you won't get buying used, also bought Kubota insurance for $8/month.

/ pricing used kubota bx1860 #3  
I was thing of buying a used Kubota bx1860 for mowing, snow plowing and moving mulch, wood, and top soil. I have around 2 acres to mow.

Any advice on pricing for a used machine a couple years old with low hours with snow plow, 54"MMM, FEL and ballast box?

Thanks

The front plow attachment is rare as hen's teeth and very expensive. I had one on my BX1860 and it was fantastic. The plow alone is worth $1700 and if, if you see one on Craigs or somewhere, it usually sells in a day or two, especially during snow storms!!! An 1860, with MMM, used, are around $8000. Add another $1500-2000 if it has a front loader and about the same if it has a front blade. I"d give Barlows a call. They usually have a couple for sale.

/ pricing used kubota bx1860 #4  
I was thinking of buying a used Kubota bx1860.
Thanks
I had a CC GT2554 and switched to a BX1500.
No comparison between The CC garden tractors and the Kubota Sub Compacts .

I"d give Barlows a call. They usually have a couple for sale.
Yep a very wise idea.

/ pricing used kubota bx1860 #6  
I purchased a new BX1860 last december with FEL, 48 in fine cut MMM, 12 Disk cutting harrow, 48 in box blade and loaded rear tires. KTAC insurance and 60 months 0% interest. All for about 12,500.00 which is 253.69 per month for 60 months. Someone with a lot more experience than me has an active thread over in the Owner/operator side has a post about a used machine that he just bought, changed the HST oil and found 3 BALL BEARINGS in the suction screen! There is something to be said about a WARRANTY!

/ pricing used kubota bx1860
Thanks for all the helpful replies. This is the first time for me posting here. I've found this site helpful in repairing my cub cadet, but it's getting a little old. I have found a used Kubota per my post for $12,000 with about 60 hours. I'm a little concerned about buying used as Kevinc2004 points out there a piece of mind buying new with a warranty. The person selling has few details about the history of the machine other than he got it at an estate sale.

It looks very lightly used and in good condition. I'm on the fence. Not sure I should take the chance.

/ pricing used kubota bx1860 #8  
Thanks for all the helpful replies. This is the first time for me posting here. I've found this site helpful in repairing my cub cadet, but it's getting a little old. I have found a used Kubota per my post for $12,000 with about 60 hours. I'm a little concerned about buying used as Kevinc2004 points out there a piece of mind buying new with a warranty. The person selling has few details about the history of the machine other than he got it at an estate sale.

It looks very lightly used and in good condition. I'm on the fence. Not sure I should take the chance.

Warranty is on the machine, not the owner. Still, unless I could save thousands, I'd pass. No way for a mere $500. Your take may be different, but a few bucks isn't worth the risk this seller is being honest about all he really knows about the machine. Brady Barlow told me last summer that a buyer of a "like new" but used machine expects to save $1800. He prices accordingly. I agree with him.

/ pricing used kubota bx1860
Just to clarify my last post, the used machine I am looking at is going for $12,000 and is a 2009 BX 1860 with 54"mmm, FEL, ballast box and snow blade. Pricing a new machine with same equipment from the Kubota web site puts a new one around $16,000 plus tax. With a price difference of $4,000. The $4,000 savings make it tempting to take the risk.

/ pricing used kubota bx1860 #10  
Just to clarify my last post, the used machine I am looking at is going for $12,000 and is a 2009 BX 1860 with 54"mmm, FEL, ballast box and snow blade. Pricing a new machine with same equipment from the Kubota web site puts a new one around $16,000 plus tax. With a price difference of $4,000. The $4,000 savings make it tempting to take the risk.
I believe you better price your new one at Barlows because that new price your giving appears way off to me and I've bought several Kubotas.