Kubota B7800 2WD only???

/ Kubota B7800 2WD only??? #1  

Gunfighter

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 790, Steiner 230, IH 340U, Farmall Super C, Farmall C, IH Cub Cadet, Wheel Horse 8.75
I'm looking at a flyer for the Kubota B7800, the picture shows what appears
to be a 2WD tractor. No where in the advertisement does it state there's
a 4WD option. This is from a Kubota flyer I picked up from the dealer...

Atachment: Picture of Kubota B7800 front end...

Attachments

• 233244-Kubota B7800 II.jpg
    233244-Kubota B7800 II.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 580
   / Kubota B7800 2WD only??? #3  
/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gifLike Rat said, that's definitely a 4WD, but I can sure understand your thinking it was 2WD. I thought the same thing the first time I saw one. Us old folks, at least, were accustomed to seeing a big differential case in the middle of the front axle housing instead of out there at the wheels. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Kubota B7800 2WD only??? #4  
Trust me on this. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It is a 4WD, with select option. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Pretty clean front end , eh?

-Mike Z.
B7800's Rule!

/ Kubota B7800 2WD only??? #5  
Gunfighter
The B7800 is only available in one model, HSD and 4WD. With the bevel gear cases containing the 4WD components, it makes for a very clean looking front axle.
Lewis

/ Kubota B7800 2WD only??? #6  
It is 4WD. The bevel gear drive of Kubota differs from competing brands some of which use drive axles and or universal joints. Neat huh? I believe this design is patented but it must surely have expired by now. All the different color tractor brands may all be nice units but there are decided differences and you just noticed one of them. J

/ Kubota B7800 2WD only???
Your right about expecting to see a big differential case in the middle
of the front axle. Just looking at the axle I'd a never taken it for being 4WD...

Still can't understand Kubota printing a flyer extolling the tractor
features an never mentioning the 4WD. I've looked the flyer over
two or three time, nothing about 4WD...

I have a J.D. 790 which I really like an have no intention of trading
but I'd like to add a similar size or slightly smaller tractor with HST.
Want to reduce the number of time I need to swap impliments, plus
there are times/places where a HST is better suited...

Thanks all for the reply.. Richard...

/ Kubota B7800 2WD only??? #8  
Sounds like you would be a good match for that 7800--go ahead--get one. I doubt it is even availalbe two wheel drive. Kubota usually put a 4WD decal somewhere on their machines. You might also notice the 4WD lever on the fender. Trust us it is 4WD. Go see one and you will see the advantage of Kubota's bevel gear drive. It is very rugged and maintenence free except for fluid changes. I think since--here it goes--that Kubota kinda started the 4WD compact craze it is expected the tractor is 4WD unless it says to the contrary. Kubota kind of does their own thing, backwards engines in some models, bevel gears, 4WD, boomerang pedals or front rear pedals, single lever joy sticks and other neat things. Good luck. J

/ Kubota B7800 2WD only??? #9  
I was looking at a B7800 yesterday. No question that it is 4wd. The thing that struck me was the exhaust muffler sitting on top of the engine - seems like a strange place to put a muffler. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Kubota B7800 2WD only??? #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( strange place to put a muffler )</font>

It does, in a way, but having used tractors in places that I worried about the possibility of breaking off a muffler and exhaust pipe, and having used tractors in which the exhaust was almost literally blowing back in my face, I really liked having the exhaust system protected under the hood.