Comparison 2010 bx25 vs 2011 bx25

/ 2010 bx25 vs 2011 bx25 #1  

old fool

Tractor
Kubota BX 25
Hi -
I was just approved by Kubota for the 60 month 0 % deal on a BX25 plus some attachments. The dealer tells me he has a new tractor for me. I've asked is it a 2011. He says yes, it's a new one but he never will say it's a 2011. I've not seen it yet to check the serial number (A=2010 vs B=2011). My question is - do I care if it is a 2010? Is there any difference that would make the 2011 better than the 2010. I know they went to steel over plastic fenders sometime and they fixed the jerk stop issue but I don't know which release year that was.

Any opinions or suggestions would be welcome.
/kt

/ 2010 bx25 vs 2011 bx25 #2  
From what I know the year is less important than the model. Generally the models stay the same unless recalls happen then you will get some minor changes. I wouldn't care.

/ 2010 bx25 vs 2011 bx25 #3  
From what I know the year is less important than the model. Generally the models stay the same unless recalls happen then you will get some minor changes. I wouldn't care.

Yup pretty much sums up my feelings on it

/ 2010 bx25 vs 2011 bx25 #4  
They've told you right. Hours, service history and maybe year of purchase and condition is all you'll ever be asked when it comes time to sell it.
The BX25 is the current model being sold. The model with the issues you mentioned was the BX24. The BX25 has been the current running model for two or three years. There will be very little if any difference between a 2009, 2010 or 2011 model BX25.
I had a BX2350 (same model as BX24 without BH and FEL) and traded it in short time due to issues and now have a BX25 which I've had over a year and no problems with it.

/ 2010 bx25 vs 2011 bx25 #5  
Agree. My dealer positively refused to state "model year" insisting that the "year" was established when sold, if current model.

Sure, the de-coders can decipher the date of assembly, but that date doesn't seem to be completely relevant. One can understand why. Dealers buy their stock year 'round, and don't like something made in December labeled a "10" and one built a week later in January labeled an "11". In the dealer's eyes, they are both new and both BX-25 and that's it.

This has held pretty much true in the tractor business for a long time, me thinks. Some of it has to do with Kubota running BXs for 6 months straight, and then running the same line to build L models, let's say. Production gets stock-piled until delivered to dealers. It's different from the auto industry, as I understand it.

/ 2010 bx25 vs 2011 bx25 #6  
Yes I concur with everything said above.
DevilDog

/ 2010 bx25 vs 2011 bx25 #7  
Yes I concur with everything said above.
DevilDog

Same here, we bought a new M8540 last summer and couldn't care less when it was manufactured.

On some GL models there are differences, but they will be designated -1, -2 or -3, nothing like this on the BX25.

/ 2010 bx25 vs 2011 bx25 #8  
I had forgotten that TrippleR. Perhaps the more meaningful question for the dealer goes something like " does this tractor have all the the latest revisions", or does this model have a version number, and is this the current version". The dash numbers do indicate changes within a production run of a particular model.

/ 2010 bx25 vs 2011 bx25 #9  
The BX24 is the model for which the iteration matters. It started out with lots of plastic. The first version had a floorboard/fender that cracked easily. Version 2 had "reinforcement", but still cracked. Version 3 went back to steel on the floor, but not the hood (I think I have this right?). I think there may have been a seat change about that time as well. The BX25 went back to all the steel that the BX23 had, but kept the curved boom on the bh that was new on the BX24. I do not believe there have been any "revised editions" of the BX25; I think they're all pretty much the same. If someone tries to sell you a BX24, that's when it's time to ask which version.

/ 2010 bx25 vs 2011 bx25 #10  
I bought my BX25 in 2011, so I guess that makes it a 2011 model. Right?? To be honest, I never asked. It was a new tractor with maybe 1 hour on the clock. That was good enough for me.