Trade my Deere for a Kubota???

/ Trade my Deere for a Kubota??? #1  

Anonymous Poster

Since John Deere appears to cost more than a Kubota....does this mean Kubota would give me more on my John Deere on trade in compared to trading in a Kubota of a comparable size?

/ Trade my Deere for a Kubota??? #2  
Kubota won't give you anything, the Kubota dealer will give you less and in some cases far less then what you could sell it for yourself. The same is true of a John Deere dealer or in my case, one in the same since my dealer sells both. I don't necessarily think JD's are more costly. I was just checking them out and it's pretty close in terms of price. I think they have to be to stay competitve, there are just to many choices in a market that just is not that big. Trade in value for any tractor will be determined by the dealer and in some instances, the location in the country. Here in California, it's pretty much open with little regard to where a product is made, this may not hold true elsewhere in this country. Rat...

/ Trade my Deere for a Kubota??? #3  
You will haved better luck at the Deere store on your trade. A lot of times that is how brand loyalty is created. You will get more for your trade from a dealer of the same goods.

/ Trade my Deere for a Kubota??? #4  
deere wouldnt even look at my jd to trade in but my kubota dealer gave me 1000 more than i thought anyone would!

/ Trade my Deere for a Kubota???
When I bought my BX2200 in December neither the Kobota dealer nor the JD dealer wanted to take my Wheel Horse in for trade because it was more than 10 years old and because it was a bad time of the year to sell a small garden tractor. The Kobota dealer eventually agreed to take it in trade (avg. tractor Blue Book) but suggested that I try to sell it myself first. He said that if I did not sell it within 60 days he would put it on his lot until it was sold. It ended up that I sold it within a week. The tractor was in excellent shape. I sometimes wish that I had kept it.

John