Comparison 2008 BX2660 vs 2011 BX2660?

/ 2008 BX2660 vs 2011 BX2660? #11  
Look at the seat & floor mat and see if they weathered; if so you might ask them to take a bit more off. Otherwise, for $2k savings, I"d certainly take it. You're still going to get the full warranty period, and it doesn't matter whether that dealer is still around or not, Kubota corporation still has to honor the warranty, no matter whether it's at some other dealership or if someone new picks up that area.

/ 2008 BX2660 vs 2011 BX2660? #12  
I'd take the older one for $1000 or $2000 less.

/ 2008 BX2660 vs 2011 BX2660?
Thanks for all the feedback, guys. it took awhile, but I'm about to take delivery of the 2008 machine, as the old dealer's price was at more than 3k lower than the new dealer's. A bit weathered, but it comes with a new warranty. Gonna pick up an insurance policy as well to cover all the bases. Looking forward to joining you all on the owning/operating forum soon! :)

/ 2008 BX2660 vs 2011 BX2660? #15  
Congratulations on your new tractor, I think you will really like it.

/ 2008 BX2660 vs 2011 BX2660?
Thanks, guys. Loving the tractor, especially since it's my first.

I've got a couple of questions, newbie stuff I suppose. First, is it normal for the FEL bucket to sag in tilt after a few minutes?

Also, does the hydraulic control lift both the mid and rear at the same time? Or should I be able to isolate each implement's movement?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Aloha,
Bruce

Last edited:
   / 2008 BX2660 vs 2011 BX2660? #17  
The mid and the rear PTO are not separate. The lower links raise and fall as the MMM is raised and lowered. One can attach the lower links to the holder plates if you are mowing in hilly terrain. I think the FEL is suppose to stay put wherever you put it.

/ 2008 BX2660 vs 2011 BX2660? #18  
The mid and the rear PTO are not separate. The lower links raise and fall as the MMM is raised and lowered. One can attach the lower links to the holder plates if you are mowing in hilly terrain. I think the FEL is suppose to stay put wherever you put it.

Actually, the PTOs are separate. Just for the sake of clarity, what you are describing is not the power take off. You are describing the lift linkages. The mid and rear PTOs are separate and independent. There is a lever that allows the operator to choose the rear PTO, the mid PTO, or both. Beside that is a lever to engage/disengage the PTO. Further, you can isolate the lift systems from each other. Regardless of whether the MMM is attached or not, if you are using the 3ph, the control knob for the mid linkages should be in the "Top" position. The linkage must be lifted to full height, then the knob turned to the "Top" position. This locks the mid lift at the top so that it does not drop and snag something while the 3ph and whatever attachment is there are lowered.

/ 2008 BX2660 vs 2011 BX2660? #19  
Thanks, Tom. What was I thinking!!