New L3130 Owner

/ New L3130 Owner #1  

ablaw86

Hello! I've been lurking around for a long time. Now I'm bonafide! Just purchased an L3130 w/ HST, 4x4, R4 tires, 523 Loader. No implements yet, but want boxblade and angle blade asap. Any L3130 owners with some riding time have comments for a newbie. Do you like it? Would you do anything different if you were starting over? How should I break it in? What implements for ditching do you recommend? What do you do for security (chains etc) Thanks! Also, thanks to all the posters whose assistance I could not have made it w/o, <font color="red"> </font> /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif while deciding.

/ New L3130 Owner #2  
i have the 3830hst/723 and am pretty happy with it.the right had side is difficult to get in due to no step and joystick position.mine makes some gear noise[gear whine?] in rearend when hot working in fwd/reverse.wish is had a electric range shift.that would be nice as low works for scraping/digging but then you need to move the dirt faster to another location.[n.h. has rabbit/turtle button].as far as locking it up you have a 50a main fuse and can turn off the gas.keep it outa site.[could wire in a kill switch].they do make some special chain and locks which will slow them down.you could insure it too[big$$$]my insurance co.wanted 500 year.oh yea take it real easy the first 10 hours on it and have the dealer cut the filters at 50 service..bws

/ New L3130 Owner #3  
I bought a L3130 as well, Woods 1016 FEL, 9000 BH, 6' box scraper and rear blade. I haven't used box or blade yet, to muddy still.

For break in the book says not to run it at full RPM for the first 50 hours. It also says avoid excessive work or operation and operate at a slower speed.

first day...(9hrs) ran it around 2000 rpm taking out small trees from a terrace. Then did a bunch of finish grading with the FEL.

Second day...(10 hours) Lots of back dragging the FEL clearing corn stalks again 2000-2200 rpm. Spent several hours digging with the FEL mostly 2200 and 2500 sometimes. Not working it to hard.

Security...its in my driveway with my wifes blazer in front of it. The PTO engaged, FEL down, BH pads down, key out, brake on. I plan on putting a high grade cable and lock on it as well.

I agree the right side is a little hard to get out of. I haven't ran the tractor hard enough to get anything hot yet. The rear end does whine a little in high range.

My one complaint is they don't have a subframe connector for the BH.

Overall I must really like the tractor. My wife came out to the farm check on me. She said I had a big ol grin on my face. I hadn't noticed the bugs on my teeth!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ New L3130 Owner #4  
Congratulation on your new tractor. I have been checking out the 3130, 3830 and even the 4330. I haven't paid much attention to trying to get on and off the right side of the L30 series tractors. Many tractors are more difficult to exit/enter on the right side and few run steps on that side that I can recall. But hey, there always the wide open left side. Have a blast with the 3130 and as was mentioned, run it around 2200 RPM or less for a while even if mowing until you get past approx. 50 hours. I did that on my L48 and found that I liked running it around 1800 RPM all the time. Rat...

/ New L3130 Owner #5  
I don't have a new tractor but my 3710 is set up the same way the new tractors are without the step on the right side. I think this has to do with the HST pedal on the floor. I can imagine trying to get on and accidently stepping on the go button. Not a pretty sight.

Steve

/ New L3130 Owner #6  
Steve's correct, you are not supposed to enter/exit the rh side because of the chance of accidently hitting the HST pedal-pure safety concern. Good luck with your new 3130. I have approximately 5 hours on mine blading snow. The new Grand L's are without competition.

/ New L3130 Owner #7  
Bob, you mean like in accidentally hitting it with your hand to get the 3 pt hitch hooked up. I must admit to hooking up all my 3 pt items this way while not sitting on the tractor. I exit on the side I need too but then maybe I have a little more room on my tractor. Rat...

/ New L3130 Owner #8  
Rat-I believe Kubota left the step off the right hand side so you wouldn't step on the HST pedal getting on the tractor. With a FEL, it would be extremely difficult to get on with the FEL controls. I'm like you, I reach around with my hand to move the tractor to hook up or if I'm on concrete/blacktop, leave the tractor in neutral and rock the tractor as needed to hook up. Is easier to hookup with the extendable 3 point arm links. There are other fine tractors out there, I just think Kubota raised the bar with the new Grand L.. Bob

/ New L3130 Owner #9  
Talked to the Kubota dealer today and they will have a subframe connector in a couple weeks. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif The subframe connector is from Woods to use with thier 9000 backhoe. It just took a little while since this is a new style tractor. That happens when your on the bleeding edge of tractorism /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif