L3830 HST Purchase

/ L3830 HST Purchase #1  

Anonymous Poster

I just placed a purchase order for a L3830 HST, 62" front mount snowblower, front loader w/4-way valve and 72" HD bucket, and BH-90 backhoe. While going over the details with the dealer, the salesman stated "the mid-mount PTO comes standard with the 3830HST along w/folding ROPS." Additionally, he said both Kubota backhoes available for the L3830 have "self-contained hydraulics powered by the rear PTO." The Kubota website and sales literature both say the "mid-mount PTO is an option" and the "BH-90 backhoe is powered by the tractor hydraulics..." Can anyone shed some light on this apparent discrepancy? TBN has been a tremendous help to this new member and about-to-be new tractor owner.

Thanks,

TAG

/ L3830 HST Purchase #2  
I think the dealer is wrong. The mid pto is an option on all the 30 series and while never having seen the BH 90, somewhere else besides Kubota mentioned it running off the tractor pump as well. I would not worry about the backhoe and its hydraulic question and when the L3830 you got comes without the PTO just point it out to him. Tell him you will wait an extra day while he installs the "standard" mid pto that at other dealers is a $300 option. I like the L3830, have been looking at one myself. Rat...

/ L3830 HST Purchase
HI,

In addition to what RaT has said, I would check the paperwork and make sure the mid PTO [and everything else you expect to get] is listed as being part of the price agreed upon.

When I bought my tractor the dealer [happened to be the owner because the manager of his Kubota dealership had just moved on] was very precise in making sure EVERYTHING was listed. Down to bucket width and all the extras like palet forks and so on that I bought as part of the package...

My impression was that he had probably been through it from his end before...the customer thinking he was getting more than the dealer thought he was giving, or something like that.

I was satisfied knowing exactly what I was buying too...so it worked out great from both sides in my case. I got what I expected and no surpirses.

/ L3830 HST Purchase #4  
Congrats on your new purchase /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I could cerianly use your rig and set-up today, we have around 2 feet on the ground and possilby another foot tonight /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif It is quite a workout for my B-7500 and a Woods RB 60, but it does give me alot of seat time and sure beats the heck out of a shovel /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ L3830 HST Purchase
Thanks to all for the comments. With all the snow on the east coast, it looks like a few folks are going to get some tractor time. FYI, for anyone looking at prices, this is what I'm paying for my setup:

L3830 HST w/filled R-1s, 723 Loader, HD 72" bucket, 4 pos valve, cutting edge - $20,500
62" front mount snow blower w/all req'd hardware (I have 1.9 miles of private road to maintain) - $4400
BH90 backhoe w/12" bucket (lots of trenching, excavating, and tree stumps) - $7300
A reasonable deal overall, but more importantly, the dealer has a good reputation for service. TAG

/ L3830 HST Purchase #7  
The salesman may have been thinking about the grand L series L3710 all the HST came standard with mid PTO. It may have been an honest mistake.

steve

/ L3830 HST Purchase #8  
Thats very true. I figure it's an honest mistake, just one that might have been one where the dealer through it in after realizing it did not come with the tractor. Henro is right though, get it all figured out ahead of time and not have any surprises. Rat...

/ L3830 HST Purchase #9  
l3830hst,r4s,723,hd 72 bucket,4 pos valve,filters,free lifetime pick/return,folding rops,calcium in tires i paid 20.5k.bws

/ L3830 HST Purchase #10  
TAG,

The following information is from the Kubota "Grand L 30 Series" brochure covering the L3130/L3430/L3830/L4330/L4630/L5030 tractors, subtitled "Brains and Brawn".

In general, I would believe the information from the sales brochure over verbal information from a salesman; however, sales brochures are occasionally wrong as well.

Page 4: Mid PTO (Option) Cassette type for fast and simple installation. Improves versatility (some models excluded).

Page 26 (Mid Mount Mower Specification): The chart lists the L3130/L3430/L3830 tractors, implying that the mid mower (and therefore mid-PTO?) is not available on the other Grand L series.

Page 27 (Backhoe Specifications): On this page are the specifications for the BL4690B backhoe (which digs 7.5') and the BH90 backhoe (which digs 9.0'). The paragraph describing the backhoes contains the following sentences:

"They come in 7.5' and 9.0' digging depths. The 7.5' features a self-contained hydraulic system powered by tractor PTO. The 9.0' is operated by tractor hydraulics."

Bottom Line: It sounds like an honest mistake by the salesman, where he gave you the information about the "other" backhoe available for the L3830.

Hope this helps,
Kelvin