kubota 4310

/ kubota 4310 #1  

tjt35

Bronze Member
Tractor
kubota 4310
Hello, I am a new member and am looking to buy my first tractor. I am looking at a Kubota 4310 hst with cab, 270 hours. Is there anyone who is familiar with this model and is aware of weaknesses... thank you very much

/ kubota 4310 #2  
I have a Kubota L3710, which was made in the same years as the L4310, but one size smaller, it has been awesome, one of my favorites. Tough, reliable, powerful. Mine is a GST, but you said HST, I would make sure it pulls hills good in M range. The only consistent problem I found, is the front seals have slowly leaked since it was new. ( And dealer repaired 3x, should go again, but it isn't a big problem ) I believe the L4310 has the same axle. These models also had far less electronics, compared to current models. If it is in good shape, I would buy it and not think twice.

/ kubota 4310
Thank you for your input. The seller is asking 26,500. It has a cab and that raises the price although negotiable. I just dont want to overpay for a 12 year old tractor

/ kubota 4310
I dont know what M range is.

/ kubota 4310 #5  
With HST ,there is Low,Medium and High ranges...remember the LESS you push on the pedal the Lower the gear,the more power you have.

/ kubota 4310
I understand,thanx.
I am presently out of state and my wife is taking a friend to look at this 4310. I have spoken to 2 kubota dealers and they said if I can verify the hours by meter read out and condition, that it would be a good bye at 23,500 to 25,000. As this is my first tractor I am concerned.

/ kubota 4310 #7  
I think that price is high. I bought my L3710 new in 2002. It was $23,000. I know HST is $1,000 more than GST. R-4s/R-3s tires are also $1,000 more than R-1s. A full cab would increase value, as I didn't get the cab.

/ kubota 4310 #8  
tjt35, I've had an L4610 - next larger size but mostly the same components - for 9 years now. It has been a great tractor and a real workhorse. In its 1,000 hours of operation, the only unexpected repair has been an inexpensive sensor. If that L4310 has been well maintained and is in good condition, it should likewise be a good tractor for you. A few thoughts about that particular unit.

1) A tractor with only 270 hours on it is barely broken in. It should run, work and look pretty much like a new one. But over 12 years, that's only 25 hours a year... not a lot. You'd worry about the same things as with a car that seldom gets driven... moisture condensation in all the wrong places, belts and other rubber parts aging, old fluids that haven't been changed regularly, mechanical parts and linkages binding up from lack of exercise. Hopefully it has been stored inside in dry conditions, at least.

2) Check the A/C in the cab to be sure it's in good working order. The Lxx10 cabs were said to have a "just enough" A/C system which needed to be kept clean and fully charged with freon to work right. Like the climate control on any cab tractor, it can be very spendy fixing them.

3) The prices mentioned by the dealers look to me to be for a tractor in "mint" conditon. Negotiate accordingly on that particular unit.

/ kubota 4310
Thank you all for your feedback. The tractor was seen today by my wife and apparently it is in pristine condition, looking at cab, for scratches. My next step is to have a payed acquaintance look at it but I dont think he can check all the hoses etc. The cab apparently adds another $ 6,500 -7000 or so.
What do you think

/ kubota 4310 #10  
I would think without a cab maybe $16,000-$18,000, maybe. I rarely see used machines with such low hours. If it really is a creampuff, it would be worth spending a little extra now, instead of paying for repairs later. I think as far as the tractor peformance, you would be very happy. I have had 3 Kubotas, all excellent, well built tractors.