Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    John Deere 820

Default JD 3038 vs. Kubota L3800

I've narrowed it down to these two tractors. Anybody have any thoughts on one vs. the other?

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Default Re: JD 3038 vs. Kubota L3800

Well, you do know this could stir the pot right? You see a lot of guys like kubota, and a lot of guys like John Deere. But when I was faced with that exact choice I chose Kubota L3400HST. (2010 version of the 2011 L3800) The loader does not come off of the JD the hydro on the JD is 2 range the Kubota is 3 range, yep that is better. The Kubota is available with Skid Steer Quick Attach bucket. get it now. you want one whether you know it or not. Dont do like I did and get it later, it costs more in blood sweat and tears. The L3400 and the L3800 both have a jerky 3 pt hitch, when moved up slowly it jerks. Some maybe worse than others, bothers some people a little , bothers some a lot. Doesnt bother me much for what I do. Its the only wart on an otherwise excellent tractor.. I highly reccomend Hydrostat transmission, safer, better in a dozen ways, and easier to operate, but that is an whole 'nuther controversy In my opinion.. and this is JUST opinion not fact the Kubota L3800 is a little more tractor than the JD 3038. but it is your money and your choice. I have shot you as straight as I know how.
    Now there will be 20 JD guys following me to shoot me full of holes..

James K0UA
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Tractor
    Kubota L3400DT

Before the shooting starts, I'll add a vote for the kubota. Even with the 3-point "wart", (do I get a royalty on that term? ) it's got a lot of nice features. Compare the spec sheets on the two tractors, then test drive them both. Don't buy without test driving, even if it costs you a day of driving to get to a dealer that stocks the tractor you're interested in.

For the Kubota, ask them to mount something heavy on the back, like a box blade, and try raising it in small increments of about an inch. You'll soon see if you can live with the "bounce" or not, it may save you a lot of money and angst down the road. If you think it's ok, try the same test with the Deere and see if there's a difference.

Good luck, and let us know what you decide.

Sean

Tractor
    John Deere 820

Thanks for the input. Good suggestions.

Tractor
    L2800.

Nothing to add... you got perfect information above

Tractor
    Kubota L3400DT

Quote Originally Posted by teg View Post
    Nothing to add... you got perfect information above
    We're getting better at this... pretty soon kubota will start wondering why everyone wants to see the 3 ph in action before they buy an L series.. if only.

Sean

Please post what you find out about the JD3038. I was all set to buy the kubota L3800 but will not buy a defective tractor that the company won't make good on. I was originally going to go with a JD but realy didn't want to deal with a Yanmar engine since so much junk comes out of China nowadays. But to knowlingly have a defective valve mechanism on the three point hitch doesn't speak well of Kubota at all. That's how a company loses it good name.

Mike

Tractor
    Kubota L4240 HSTC,L3000DT

Yanmar is Japanese...has built a lot of tractors...may-be the best part of the small JD's.

Quote Originally Posted by oneillmj View Post
    Please post what you find out about the JD3038. I was all set to buy the kubota L3800 but will not buy a defective tractor that the company won't make good on. I was originally going to go with a JD but realy didn't want to deal with a Yanmar engine since so much junk comes out of China nowadays. But to knowlingly have a defective valve mechanism on the three point hitch doesn't speak well of Kubota at all. That's how a company loses it good name.

Mike
    Wow, just, wow.
    Kubota L4240,Case 580K backhoe, Case 450 Dozer

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota GL3240

Two different styles of hyro pedals and different brake set ups. Need to see which one you like beter.

Check on the Mid Mount PTO and Cruise on both. I can't remember if both machine offer both options or not. I don't think the JD them.
    Grand L 3240. TSC 6' Rough Cutter, 66" Bradco Rock Bucket, New 7' Fred Cain Rake that needs a paint job, 6' United BB, Northern Tool 16 Gal Sprayer, 42" Pallet Forks Land Pride FDR1672 Finish Mower. Still looking for more attachments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast