Kubota fork attachment

/ Kubota fork attachment #1  

4shorts

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota 5740,BX25D
I figured I'd post a few photo's of the Kubota fork attachment I put on the tractor yesterday because when I went to purchase these I couldn't find a photo of them anywhere so in posting these I hope it helps others when looking for a Kubota fork attachment or a photo of it. The forks are 42 long and 4 wide. Very well built and fit perfectly. Thanks to Todd at Newfoundland Kubota for taking the time to drop them off to me last evening :thumbsup:

fork1.jpg

fork1a.jpg

fork2.jpg

fork3.jpg

fork4.jpg

fork5.jpg

/ Kubota fork attachment #2  
I can't believe that you are going to leave them stock like that. What will be the first mod?:laughing:

Not all Kubota forks are built like that. My M7040 w/LA1153 FEL articulates so much that the top guard would hit the curl cylinders. The top guard is angled in so it will miss. The difference in the linkage can been seen in the photo.

The guard is going to be rebuilt to make it taller for moving brush. Have the metal - just need the time.

/ Kubota fork attachment #3  
If I had the money to live on the Cold Water, my ride would be an M135:licking:

/ Kubota fork attachment
I can't believe that you are going to leave them stock like that. What will be the first mod?:laughing:

Not all Kubota forks are built like that. My M7040 w/LA1153 FEL articulates so much that the top guard would hit the curl cylinders. The top guard is angled in so it will miss. The difference in the linkage can been seen in the photo.

The guard is going to be rebuilt to make it taller for moving brush. Have the metal - just need the time.

Hey how about a custom built all aluminum pallet with removable sides and rails.That would be cool :cool:

Wow your are way different than mine for sure. I checked mine and with the curl right back it don't come close to hitting the tilt cylinders. You have a nice tractor sir :thumbsup:

If I had the money to live on the Cold Water, my ride would be an M135:licking:

Man if you lived on the cold water a M135 wouldn't be any good to you cause it would sink :shocked: When you say a M135 you are referring to a Kubota ?

Attachments

• tilt1.jpeg
    tilt1.jpeg
    615.4 KB · Views: 505
  • tilt2.jpeg
    tilt2.jpeg
    675.8 KB · Views: 1,495
Last edited:
   / Kubota fork attachment #6  
Great videos on Youtube 4shorts and nice new Rig!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I know there was another thread a while back when you first got it, but why did you decide to move up to the 5740 from the 4240? It seems like if you were going to move up, you would go to a larger frame tractor like something from the M Series. The 15hp is probably very noticeable, but for heavy snow removal it seems a larger tractor would be preferable. Do you just perfer the HST? or some of the GL features?

/ Kubota fork attachment
Paul, just wondering why you need forks on the Kubota when you already have a forklift?

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/welding/170926d1278799998-ironworker-arrival-i4.jpg

Oh man your keeping a close eye on me :laughing: Well you asked a very good question so I'll answer it best as I can. I live and have my shop in a mixed zone meaning it's half chimerical and half residential. Some of our larger customers are just across the street from our shop and in the past they have called over and asked if I could go over with the forklift and move some items for them. the items are usually fishing nets or traps but the problem is the fork lift is not licensed and does not have liability insurance on it and if I get caught crossing the busy street I can get a fine of $1000. for the first offense.
By adding the pallet attachment to the tractor I can go over at any time and get'er done for them. It's faster, it's more comfortable and it's legal :D

Great videos on Youtube 4shorts and nice new Rig!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I know there was another thread a while back when you first got it, but why did you decide to move up to the 5740 from the 4240? It seems like if you were going to move up, you would go to a larger frame tractor like something from the M Series. The 15hp is probably very noticeable, but for heavy snow removal it seems a larger tractor would be preferable. Do you just perfer the HST? or some of the GL features?

Glad you liked the video's. I'm doing one on the 5740 very soon so stay tuned :laughing:

Well to tell the truth I'm not one to compromise on anything but when I purchased the 4240 I did just that. Although the 4240 was a fantastic machine I always had the 5740 in the back of my head.
I really like the GL series tractors. I love the HST and the Auto Throttle and the cab is out of this world.
I intended to keep the 4240 but just happened to call my dealer who I know very well and they know me just as well and enjoy watching these threads and videos so I just happened to ask them what it would cost me to upgrade to the 5740. They told me that they would call me back in a few hours and when they did I said "go for it". I also ordered the rear wheel weights.
Our dealer is great to deal with. They installed all the new FEL, weights,3rd function and I like doing business with them.

The biggest reason for the 5740 is the extra PTO HP and the new machine warranty. I've got three years plus of warranty now with the new tractor. Going from a 30 HP PTO to a 50 is a Hugh difference. As for a larger tractor.

If I needed a larger one I would have it in a hart beat. Truth is the larger Kubota's don't have the HST and I don't have the room to use them on the lots that I clear. These tractors are a big part of our winter business and pay there own way. If it wasn't a paying venture I wouldn't be in it.

These Grand L's are great reliable machines. Easy to use, easy to maintain and very easy to resell. My 4240 never made it back to the dealer. I sold it for them the same day I made the deal on the 5740 and there was a few more folks interested in it. Maybe in two more years I do it all again (just not telling the wife yet ) :eek:

/ Kubota fork attachment #8  
Are you gonna let paint wear off the forks? Or put stainless skid plates on them. LOL!

Looks like a nice set of forks. How do you access the latches to move the forks for width adjustment?

/ Kubota fork attachment
Are you gonna let paint wear off the forks? Or put stainless skid plates on them. LOL!

Looks like a nice set of forks. How do you access the latches to move the forks for width adjustment?

Oh man. Don't go telling me the paint could wear off the forks!:shocked: Never thought of that. Something else to worry about :laughing:

They have the standard pull pin locks. (see attached photo's)

Attachments

• pin1.jpeg
    pin1.jpeg
    573 KB · Views: 323
  • pin2.jpeg
    pin2.jpeg
    520.4 KB · Views: 337