Buying Advice Backhoe attachment

/ Backhoe attachment #1  

Imapipefitter

Can anyone give me some suggestions for different backhoe attachments that will fit a Kabota L3800? Also what kinda prices I can be looking at.

/ Backhoe attachment #2  
Can anyone give me some suggestions for different backhoe attachments that will fit a Kabota L3800? Also what kinda prices I can be looking at.

Woods and Bradco are two that come to mind.
There are others out there.
hugs, Brandi

/ Backhoe attachment #3  
A Kubota dealer can quote you for a Kubota BH and there are other companies making good products, as noted. Be aware there are essentially 2 types of backhoe attachment, those that use the 3 point links and those that have a dedicated subframe mounted on the tractor for attaching the backhoe. The subframe type is more heavy-duty and puts less stress on the tractor, generally a better way to go, even if it's somewhat more costly. You need to have the front end loader already installed to add a backhoe.

Speaking of which, expect to put $7-8k into a new backhoe.

/ Backhoe attachment #4  
A Kubota dealer can quote you for a Kubota BH and there are other companies making good products, as noted. Be aware there are essentially 2 types of backhoe attachment, those that use the 3 point links and those that have a dedicated subframe mounted on the tractor for attaching the backhoe. The subframe type is more heavy-duty and puts less stress on the tractor, generally a better way to go, even if it's somewhat more costly. You need to have the front end loader already installed to add a backhoe.

Speaking of which, expect to put $7-8k into a new backhoe.

Definitely get a subframe. I have sheared bolts on my subframe. Imagine what would happen if my backhoe was hanging off the 3PH?
hugs, Brandi

/ Backhoe attachment
I think I'm getting a good deal then. The dealer I'm working with quoted me $6880.00 for a BH77 with the package deal I'm getting a L3800 loader, finish mower, rock rake also. All for around $26600.00. That's with the backhoe all installed ready to work.

/ Backhoe attachment #6  
That makes sense given you're buying the BH with the tractor - you do normally get a bit of a discount that way. From your first post, it sounded like you were looking to add a BH to an already owned L3800, in which case, you'd be paying more for it. Enjoy your new rig.