2012 models

/ 2012 models #21  
I went to to a bobcat store to buy a brand new s185 with cash in hand and they told me the couldn't sell it to me because bobcat sets territory rights

/ 2012 models #22  
I went to to a bobcat store to buy a brand new s185 with cash in hand and they told me the couldn't sell it to me because bobcat sets territory rights
Guess you don't want us to know anything about you since there is no info in your profile. You don't even say where you are in the body of this post. Guess you can see where that may make us a bit less than believing an anonymous post.
Most Franchise dealers have a protected territory. That doesn't mean they can't sell to customers that come to their territory from another territory to buy. Means I can't come to your territory and set up a lot or start going door to door trying to sell customers in your territory. Some times it also means if a product is direct shipped to the customer the manuf won't ship it to a end user outside of the selling agents territory. There are some different protections for Franchise Buyers but I don't think there are any that will prevent a Franchisee from selling to anyone that walks into their business location and wants to buy a product that's on hand, not in USA.

/ 2012 models #23  
Guess you don't want us to know anything about you since there is no info in your profile. You don't even say where you are in the body of this post. Guess you can see where that may make us a bit less than believing an anonymous post.
Most Franchise dealers have a protected territory. That doesn't mean they can't sell to customers that come to their territory from another territory to buy. Means I can't come to your territory and set up a lot or start going door to door trying to sell customers in your territory. Some times it also means if a product is direct shipped to the customer the manuf won't ship it to a end user outside of the selling agents territory. There are some different protections for Franchise Buyers but I don't think there are any that will prevent a Franchisee from selling to anyone that walks into their business location and wants to buy a product that's on hand, not in USA.

Well put it this way. I tried at several distant dealer to trade and to out right purchase and in each case they priced it $$$$ higher than my local dealer. The first question they asked me was where I lived. I did understand from one dealer that would talk that it was a Kubota thing more so than dealers fixing things. Sucks anyway. Probably why you Yanks always get better pricing they we do up yonder.:confused2::mad:

/ 2012 models #24  
hmmm i have 3 kubota dealers within 60mi of me,an i priced the tractor i bought at all 3 dealers.an none of them said that they could not sell the tractor to me.so i bought the tractor from the dealer i went to 40mi away.i was working with the salesmen on price when i was looking at the tractor.

/ 2012 models #26  
Yeah, if Barlows, & I guess Messicks, sell to all over the country every day, it must not be a "Kubota thing".

/ 2012 models #27  
kuboman is in Canada, so who knows what goes up there, but it would be hard to believe it would be legal for Kubota to require customers to buy from a specific dealer in the customer's home area.

/ 2012 models #28  
I dont know what province Kuboman is in , I am in Quebec and its exactly like he says here too. Your home address dictates which dealership you are allowed to buy from.

I dont know if that applies to JD or the other ones as I have never kicked tires there.

/ 2012 models #29  
I dont know what province Kuboman is in , I am in Quebec and its exactly like he says here too. Your home address dictates which dealership you are allowed to buy from.

I dont know if that applies to JD or the other ones as I have never kicked tires there.

Maybe it's time for a Canuck uprising.
Of course maybe if the American dealers would sell to us then it might apply pressure:confused:
I tried Barlows and they refused a quote.:mad:

/ 2012 models #30  
Maybe it's time for a Canuck uprising.
Of course maybe if the American dealers would sell to us then it might apply pressure:confused:
I tried Barlows and they refused a quote.:mad:
Did Barlows refuse a you pick up quote or even delivered to NY or other New England quote or was it a delivered to Canada Quote they refused?