M20 vs LA1153 loader

/ M20 vs LA1153 loader #1  

canoetrpr

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040 cab/hyd shuttle - current, Kubota L3400 - traded
In Canada we have the option of getting the Kubota M20 loader instead of the LA on the M tractors like the M7040.

I was at a dealer today who equips all of his M tractors with the M loaders. He said they were made by ALO in Denmark or Sweden. It is a beefy looking loader.

LA 1153 specs:
(V) Lift Capacity (800 mm forward, max height)
Height hole 1587 lbs. (720 kg)
Power hole 1830 lbs. (830 kg)

M20 specs
Standard 2550 lbs. (1160 kg)
(X) Lift Capacity (800 mm forward, 1500 mm height)
Standard 2420 lbs. (1100 kg)

Just wondering if anyone knows more about these loaders good or bad vs the LA1153.

/ M20 vs LA1153 loader #2  
In Canada we have the option of getting the Kubota M20 loader instead of the LA on the M tractors like the M7040.

I was at a dealer today who equips all of his M tractors with the M loaders. He said they were made by ALO in Denmark or Sweden. It is a beefy looking loader.

LA 1153 specs:
Height hole 1587 lbs. (720 kg)
Power hole 1830 lbs. (830 kg)

M20 specs
Standard 2550 lbs. (1160 kg)
(X) Lift Capacity (800 mm forward, 1500 mm height)
Standard 2420 lbs. (1100 kg)

Just wondering if anyone knows more about these loaders good or bad vs the LA1153.

Hi Canoetrpr! I live in Sweden and ALO is a big brand in loaders over here.
Very nice products and popular aswell.

I just bought
a M7040HD with Kubotas LA1153 loader. This because its made for the M7040.
You can put a bigger loader on but I wouldnt, beacause you put alot extra strain on the frontaxle. You want a loader that are designed for your tractor. This is why I now buy my second Kubota, because the offer a special designed range of loaders for their diffrent tractors. If you want to lift more get a bigger tractor or a wheel-loader which is designed to lift things.
Please have a look at
Our products Overview - alo.se

Good luck with your choice!

/ M20 vs LA1153 loader
Sam, note that the loader I speak of is branded as a Kubota loader here in Canada. It is purchased from Kubota Canada and the warranty is done my Kubota Canada.

I'm not particularly concerned I think given that it is sold by Kubota and I'm not nearly lifting anything as much.

/ M20 vs LA1153 loader #4  
Sam, note that the loader I speak of is branded as a Kubota loader here in Canada. It is purchased from Kubota Canada and the warranty is done my Kubota Canada.

I'm not particularly concerned I think given that it is sold by Kubota and I'm not nearly lifting anything as much.
Canoetrpr, ok Im with you! As I said before ALO do very nice loaders, so why not then?

/ M20 vs LA1153 loader
I can't think of any reason not to go with the M20. All the dealers up here seem to be going this route.

The ALO Quickie loaders are considered very good by farmers up here who work with round bales day in and day out.

I just wonder why Kubota has started going this route and why just in Canada.

/ M20 vs LA1153 loader #6  
I just wonder why Kubota has started going this route and why just in Canada.

Well thats very interesting! I think Sweden Canada has old bonds, I know that Canada looked at Swedish taxpolicy back in 70-80s....but could be a long shot to why Kubota uses ALO loaders...;):laughing::laughing:

/ M20 vs LA1153 loader #7  
My 7040 came with the m20 loader. I'm in BC. It seems to work fine for pushing and lifting heavy snow and carrying things. My hay bales were 1100# this year.