Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    B7800, JD RX95

Default Re: Backhoe for L3130

I'd love to put a backhoe on my L3010 but at $7000+, you really must have serious commercial applications.
    Are used BHs available?
    I really do not know that much about them but could sure use one.
    My budget would be about $3000(assuming the wife does not find out...!)

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Deere 4044R cab, Kubota KX-121-3S

Buster57 -- I have a Woods 7500 w/ sub-frame on my L3010, but had no commercial applications in mind when making the purchase. I use mine to harvest stone, lift heavy boulders into place on the 200 y/o stone walls I'm repairing, clear drainage ditches of silt, "fluff" the garden since my wife hates rototillers, and occasionally just for skill building I use it to pick up dog poo in the yard. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I was really unable to justify the expense based on need. What I finally realized is that the tractor is my land yacht -- a major recreational outlet that comes in incredibly useful at times...especially when harvesting firewood.

Are used backhoes available? Yes, but you've got to be patient. I looked for 18 months before finding a year old barely used Woods for $4500. It seems that the availability of used BHs is inversely related to the degree of desperation you demonstrate! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Pete

Tractor
    B7800, JD RX95

Makes a lot of sense, Captain!

Tractor
    kubota L3130....FEL...brush hog...grapple...JD350 dozer

Isn't a BH 90 a bit large for a 3130 ???

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3700SU

Just my opinion, I would say it is too much. I would look for a bh80 or the older bh 7500. You could look at the kubota site and see what is on a L3240 which is the newer version of the 3130. If I under stand the numbers on backhoes the 90 is a 9' and the 7500 is 7.5' the Kubota bh77 is 7.7' reach or digging depth.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4610 & BX2230, Farmall Super M, Super A

Quote Originally Posted by rhc1945 View Post
    Isn't a BH 90 a bit large for a 3130 ???
    Welcome to TBN. Maybe you didn't notice, but this discussion was ten years ago, when the L3130 was a current model. At that time, the BH90 was the only factory subframe backhoe available and it could be added to an L3130. The BH90 was a heavy backhoe, but the L3130 chassis was large enough to handle it, mostly because the subframe design puts most of the loading and stresses from the backhoe to the rear stabilizers and the FEL and not so much to the tractor itself. The tractor does provide hydraulic power for the hoe and carries it around, but when you're using the hoe, the tractor wheels are generally off the ground or just barely touching.

The subframe installation is considerably more robust than the 3 point type backhoes, particularly on a compact type tractor.

I don't think the BH90 is still available new from kubota, but there are some excellent aftermarket models, if you're looking. My favorite is Bradco, but Woods and some others also have good ones.

Tractor
    Kubota L3430HST

If you do want to keep the whole outfit kubota and go with a factory backhoe, the BH92 replaced the BH90 but is fully compatible with the Grand L30 series of tractors. I can say that the L3430 is not much bigger than the L3130 and mine handles the BH90 quite well, but either way you go, the most important thing is to get the subframe unless you are doing the lightest of backhow work.

Backhoe for L3130-p3270115-jpg
    Kubota L3430HST with LA723 FEL and BH90 Backhoe for working
    ZD21 for mowing
    RTV900 for cruising
    1990 Jeep Wrangler for fun!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12