Backhoe for L3130

/ Backhoe for L3130 #1  

Anonymous Poster

I've narrowed down my tractor selection to the L3130 and would like to buy a backhoe as part of the package. Kubota offers two choices (BL4690B, BH90) but are there other brands/models that I should consider? Which Kubota backhoe (small vs large) would you recommend for the L3130? What has been L3130 user's experience with backhoes on this tractor? Thanks.

/ Backhoe for L3130 #2  
There are other brands however, from my observations, the BH 90 has a great combination of power, speed and sturdiness. I like its sleeker yet well built design. It's specifications are very good. Rat...

/ Backhoe for L3130 #3  
Looks like you're about at the same point I am in the shopping process. Speaking only as a determined shopper, here's what I've been able to figure out so far.

Outfits like Woods, Bush Hog, Bradco, etc. make good products that are very comparable to the Kubota backhoes.

The large Kubota hoe, the BH90, is a new model and compares very favorably vs. the competition. You might save a little going with one of the non-factory models, but on the other hand, your Kubota dealer will stand behind his products installed on your tractor. Many Kub dealers also sell one of the other brands, and may work a deal for you.

The BH90 is a lot more hoe than the 4690 for about $1000 more. If you expect a lot of heavy use (i.e. commercial), the BH90 would get the nod. If you are more in the amateur category like me, the 4690 should be adequate. Your 3130 should handle either one or one of the other brands with no problems.

I hope maybe some of this helps. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Good luck.

/ Backhoe for L3130 #4  
I generally recommend the largest backhoe that the manufacturer recommends for the tractor, so in this case the BH90. Not necessarily for the added digging power, although that's always nice, but for the extra reach. I have a 7 1/2 foot Woods backhoe and wish it were a bit longer at times, but that's all that can be put on a "little" B2910.

My only caution with the larger hoe is that it's transport height is quite a bit higher, so make sure you can get it to maneuver through wherever necessary. Of course, you could always lower it a bit if necessary, but this could be awkward if you need to do it often.

~Rick

/ Backhoe for L3130
Has anyone operated a bh90 on a L3130 yet? My local dealer has one but the hoe is still in the crate. I was 90% sold as soon as I saw the solid mounting plates. Looks rock solid! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Backhoe for L3130
I have a bradco 509 on my L3830 and love it! Digging depth max 9'8"/digging force-bucketycylinder 5676#. Reach from swing post 12'9". I have seen the bradco 408 on the L3130 which has 8'1" digging depth. If you call Bradco they can reccomend the right hoe for your tractor. Bradco is an industrial type Back hoe. I'm sure you will love the L3130 with which ever backhoe that you decide on. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Backhoe for L3130 #7  
Go with the bigger hoe. I put a Woods 9000 on my L3130. The 509 would be good as well. The Bradco 511 and Woods 1012 would be oversized IMO.

/ Backhoe for L3130
MSRP Kubota BH90 Backhoe $7350.00
MSRP BT2901 12" Bucket $562.00
Tractor must be equipped with LA723 FEL
ROPS must be model SFL-F343 however a $225 credit is available if your tractor is equipped with std ROPS and you must purchase the correct ROPS.
These prices do not reflect freight or A&H.