BX 1500

/ BX 1500 #1  

Anonymous Poster

Hello,

I am interested in the new BX 1500. I know it is very small but don't expect to do more than mow my 3 acres of both flat and somewhat steep property. (20 + degrees in spots) I have a yanmar that always gives me a pucker factor on the slopes I also have a JD lx277 that I have been mowing the steeper areas with but feel it is just too small and too lightweight.

I am wondering if anyone can give me a ballpark figure or msrp on the BX 1500 with 54" MMM. Also, is there any negotiation room on any MSRP? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks,
<font color="blue"> Gary </font>

/ BX 1500
I would suggest that you check a few dealers. I found a few hundred dollars difference in the prices from 3 different dealers, but price aside make sure you buy from a dealer who will provide service after the sale. I have had mine a few weeks now and have only pushed snow with a 60" rear blade, seems to have plenty of power and traction. I do not think any tractor will be properly stabilized on a 20° slope. I would run up and down but not sideways on that grade or level it some if possible.

/ BX 1500
KevinJ,

I expect to visit a dealer if I decide to seriously consider this machine, however the closest dealer is about 45 miles away and I was interested in determining the ball park figure for this setup. I do, indeed, mow up and down but still experience the pucker factor with my yanmar because of it's relatively high center of gravity. ( A feeling that does not happen with my little JD, but I think it too light for me long term)

From a price factor viewpoint, I was just interested in determining whether this is within comfortable reach. Any final price would be determined by the dealer. This is a new machine for Kubota and I wondered if that would cause them to be more rigid in their pricing structure. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

thanks,

/ BX 1500 #4  
floridaboy
We sell the BX1500D with the 54" belly mower here in Ft. Worth, Tx for $8520.00. Hope this helps.
Lewis

/ BX 1500 #5  
Gary,

Try this link: Kubota List Prices. It has list prices for B-series tractors. As far as discount, I would think they would come off list at least a little. The fact that it is new should only be an issue if they are selling so well that the dealer doesn't need to discount. Also keep in mind that dealer pricing policies seem to vary quite a bit in different areas. My dealer's first price was between the "good" and "excellent" prices without having to haggle at all. There are other areas where they rarely come down from list by much, if at all. Sometimes it's a competition issue, but in other situations it seems to be a mystery. Good luck. I briefly looked at the BX1500 just for grins. It looks as solid as the other BX'es.

Kevin

/ BX 1500
Kevin, KevinJ, and Lewis,

Thanks for the help guys. I will be talking to my closest dealer soon.

/ BX 1500 #7  
Hi Gary! I wound up getting the bx2200, but i did get a final price on the bx1500, which was a great price i thought.....the bx1500 with 54"mmm was $8349....the fel with 4 position valve was $2000....This is in upstate ny and prices seem to vary by region...hope this helps...KEvin

/ BX 1500 #8  
I paid $8800 for the BX1500 w/54" deck in SW PA. Seems like you all did better than that but my dealer wouldn't budge and the other local guy was several hundred more than that. FEL was $2200, rear blade was $300 and he did throw in the ballast box. Unfortunately, it went back to the dealer yesterday for a minor fluid leak and the deck wouldn't lower any more than about 4" from the ground. I do love the machine and it has plenty of power so hopefully all of the bugs will be worked out in the first shot. I did see lower pricing out of the Pittsburgh area but I wanted do deal locally for obvious reasons. Still can't get over how quiet the 2 cylender is!

/ BX 1500
Congrats on your new Kubota. I bought a BX2200 in December and had a chance to give it a real workout last weekend. Moved about 14 yards of compost, 12 yards of mulch and tilled my garden. Performed well on our western PA hills. However, you need to be very careful using the FEL on the slopes. I almost rolled the weekend before last.

I discovered that I also have a minor hydraulic leak. It's leaking near the left rear tire. The dealer said it is probably an O ring behind the hydraulic block that feeds the FEL. They will be out to fix it today.

What part of W. PA do you live in. I live in N. Huntingdon.

John

/ BX 1500 #10  
I live in Cecil Township which is near Southpointe. The loader can be a little touchy on the hills so not carrying a full bucket is probably not a bad idea either. I'm having my tractor re-delivered in about an hour so hopefully it will ready for a good workout soon.