Best quality mowing... BX2360 vs B2320

/ Best quality mowing... BX2360 vs B2320 #1  

PapaPerk

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3830, Ford Golden Jubilee, 1939 Sears Economy, Polaris Ranger 400, Honda Foreman 450 ES, 2004 Dodge Diesel 3500
Okay... last question regarding my decision between a BX and B.

Which machine mows better with the mid mount mower (MMM)? :confused:

I mow tall fescue once a week. It's fairly course grass but is my lawn. If I buy a small Kubota it will primarily be used for lawn mowing. Also I want R4 tires. I like them... that's why! :laughing:

So what's the verdict when it comes to mowing? Which is best? I've read a lot on here and have even driven a BX tractor using a MMM. But I need some other's opinions on this exact question. :confused:

Thank you very much! :thumbsup:

/ Best quality mowing... BX2360 vs B2320 #2  
PapaPerk said:
Okay... last question regarding my decision between a BX and B.

Which machine mows better with the mid mount mower (MMM)? :confused:

I mow tall fescue once a week. It's fairly course grass but is my lawn. If I buy a small Kubota it will primarily be used for lawn mowing. Also I want R4 tires. I like them... that's why! :laughing:

So what's the verdict when it comes to mowing? Which is best? I've read a lot on here and have even driven a BX tractor using a MMM. But I need some other's opinions on this exact question. :confused:

Thank you very much! :thumbsup:

I have a BX2360 with the 60" mmm and have been very satisfied. I also have a fescue grass that is mowed around once weekly. I have a Cub Cadet with a 48" deck and a Cub Cadet zero turn with a 50" deck. I would say cut quality is equal amongst all three. I'll probably get gator blades before next years mowing season begins. Hope that helps.

/ Best quality mowing... BX2360 vs B2320
Rfisher7381 said:
I have a BX2360 with the 60" mmm and have been very satisfied. I also have a fescue grass that is mowed around once weekly. I have a Cub Cadet with a 48" deck and a Cub Cadet zero turn with a 50" deck. I would say cut quality is equal amongst all three. I'll probably get gator blades before next years mowing season begins. Hope that helps.

That's great to hear that quality of cut is equal to your zero turn! That's impressive considering weight of the Kubota!

Thank you for your input!

/ Best quality mowing... BX2360 vs B2320 #4  
I suspect there is very little if any difference in the actual mow quality because I suspect there is very little difference in the mowers. The B2x20's have drive over decks, so probably built a little heavier, but otherwise, I can't imagine there is any real difference other than the specific mounting fixtures to make up for the difference in the height of the tractors. I also have a JD garden tractor and use it also to mow and I would say the B does just as good of a job.

If there is a difference, it is more likely in the steering geometry. The B may be more likely to scuff up the grass if you turn it too tight, especially when the ground is a little wet. Test drive each on a grassy area if possible and try turning both tight and see if you see a differnce. Mine never makes marks that don't disappear within a day or two and my yard isn't exactly a showpiece anyway, so I don't worry much about it.

With the B, you are up higher, so watch out for low hanging limbs that you may be used to going under. But on the other hand, the B has folding ROPs, so it may go under stuff if you remember to duck that the BX won't go under because of the ROPs.

I really like the size of the B2x20 for the typical 3 -5 acre type property. Like the 3 range HST. The mid range is perfect for doing most of the work and if you aren't mowing, you can throttle down and it will still work. But it you want to go to the other end of the property, there is the high speed. But there is a fair amount of difference in the cost of the tractors and either will probably do what you need to do.

/ Best quality mowing... BX2360 vs B2320 #5  
I just bought a new B2320 a couple months ago with the 60"mmm. I absolutely love it. I have R-4's and they will tear up the grass but im hoping once the sharp edges round off that will get better but my yard is no golf course anyway. Plenty of power, nice high seat for good vision (watch tree limbs), great cut, great clipping distribution, and very heavy built deck (drive over). I have not driven over my deck yet but because i have a loader it is easier for me to just raise the front of the tractor up and slide it out.

/ Best quality mowing... BX2360 vs B2320 #6  
The cut with my B2320 is real good. I have the Bar/Turf tires and really like the turfs on the front for cutting the grass. I've used the tractor with a boxblade as well and the back tires with the tread grabs just fine for what I need. It's a good combo for my application.

I've driven over my deck once or twice but mostly use the FEL to raise the tractor and slide the deck out.

/ Best quality mowing... BX2360 vs B2320 #7  
There's no need to raise the tractor to slide the deck out. I just turn all the anti-scalp wheels sideways to make it easier.

/ Best quality mowing... BX2360 vs B2320
How do you secure the deck to drive over it? Seems like it would push. I would rather just slide it out from the side. :cool:

/ Best quality mowing... BX2360 vs B2320 #9  
Don't know never done it. The deck was the main problem with my old tractor which did not have 3-point and a new 20 year old Kubota deck is through the roof so i decided with this new one i would do anything i possibly could to prolong its life as much as possible.

I do know you unpin the anti-scalp wheels and drop it to the floor and then there are a set of ramps for the back of the deck and some traction tape on the front.

/ Best quality mowing... BX2360 vs B2320 #10  
As Miller3980 said, you should lower the wheels to the lowest setting and use the little supplied ramps that hook over a lip around the mower deck. With the tractor in 4wd, it will just crawl right up and over with very little movement of the deck. As others have said, if you have room at the side of the tractor and it is on a hard surface like concrete, it is easy to slide it out from under the tractor to if you don't want to drive over it. You can lift the tractors front end off the ground with the FEL, but you don't have to.

An advantage to the B vs the BX is there is more room both to slide the deck in and out but also to reach between the tractor and the mower deck to hook up the PTO. That is the most agrivating part of the process. Getting it lined up and slid on with out that sleeve sliding forward before it hooks up. Not hard, just don't wear your favorite T-shirt while doing it.