Bronze Member

Default price check b2920

First time buyer

B2920 with Fel and 60" mid mount mower quoted at 17999

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2920

Default Re: price check b2920

The MSRP on the kubota website is $20705. Your price is 13% below that, so it sounds pretty good. You could contact Barlows in KY for a quote. A lot of people on this site have got tractors from them and seem happy with the service and they deliver throughout the US. I paid about $17K for mine 40 months ago, so I would say your deal is probably pretty good. They are nice tractors and other than the seat safety switch, I have had no problems with mine that weren't caused by the operator.
    Kubota B2920, MMM, FEL, 5' Bush Hog Squeeler Rotary Mower, 5' Bush Hog Box Blade, 5' RBT1560 Land Pride Rear Blade, 55 gal. Boomless Sprayer, KK Utility carrier

Bronze Member

I'm in North East PA and I think KY might be a bit far. This dealer has been around awhile but seems that they haven't had kubota too long because i never remember them being one. They had a decent selection with a lot of them being in the back lot crated and not assembled yet. They also had TONS of attachments both from kubota and land pride. I found out after talking with the salesman awhile he is a firefighter close to where i am a firefighter. I was hoping from some professional courtesy

Thanks for the reply.

Tractor
    Kubota B3030HSDC

In my area in New Hampshire, somewhere around 8% off list is fairly standard ....... so I'd say your price is good.

Elite Member
    R.I.P.
    Tractor
    (B2620, had BX22) Simplicity Legacy w/48" mmm

Quote Originally Posted by Ductape View Post
    In my area in New Hampshire, somewhere around 8% off list is fairly standard ....... so I'd say your price is good.
    I've been kind of waiting for you to smarten a few of our dealers up. Well, I guess it is more a regional thing so buy high, sell high to at some level, and you have done very well with the private sales on your buys. We do have some good dealers around here, and that sure helps folks with some issues like me.
    B2620,Loaded R-4's , Wallenstein BX42 chipper, Bush Hog SQ148 RC, 4' x 8' chain harrow, Blizzard 54" 3PT snowblower, Tirechains. com v-bar duo grip chains (hate them), Simplicity Legacy with 48"mmm, turbo collector, Country Line carry all, Countryline Middlebuster, Woods 48" BB, Kubota QA for loader, Kubota forks, Kuhn EL23 rototiller, and more to come...

Bronze Member

I pulled up a quote from messicks I got a month or two ago. Messicks was actually 1600 more than the local dealer and they are 100 miles away from me so I am starting to feel like staying local may be the way to go. The quote itself was kind of sloppy. It said "Model 2920, 26HP etc...That confused me off the bat. A 2920 should be 29Hp. So that says to me there was not much attention payed to my quote from them.
    Last edited by Dougw133; 10-06-2011 at 12:34 PM.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2920

I agree with buying local, assuming I feel the deal is reasonable and it sounds to me that yours is. If you still want, you could look to sweenten the deal a bit, you can always ask to have the dealer throw in the filters you need for future service or have them throw in the the 50 hour service at the dealer.
    I was fortunate to have several dealerships in the area to choose from. I ended up going with the one closest to where I work.
    Kubota B2920, MMM, FEL, 5' Bush Hog Squeeler Rotary Mower, 5' Bush Hog Box Blade, 5' RBT1560 Land Pride Rear Blade, 55 gal. Boomless Sprayer, KK Utility carrier

Bronze Member

That's a good suggestion. I'll certainly ask for something. Those little things can go a long way. I was surprised. I looked through all my quotes. Got 4 different dealers and Messicks's as much as they are spoken about on here was by far the highest. I think I'll stay local.