Buying Advice New 2012 Model Year ?

/ New 2012 Model Year ? #1  

Artisan

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX25
SUP all,

Kinda new cause I have not bought a BX25 yet but if my local dealer gets his pricing in line I will pull the trigger. My first question is when do the new models usually come out? I do not want to buy and 1 month later see a new model that is "better" is available. Any info is much appreciated and THANK YOU in advance...:thumbsup:

/ New 2012 Model Year ?
I just read in another post that 2012 Model year BX25's are NOT happening due to issues in Japan. Can anyone authoratatively second and confirm this rumor please?

/ New 2012 Model Year ? #3  
tractors really dont have model #s.if your dealer has what you want on the lot then its either a leftover 2010 or a 2011.tractors change years when the lot sells all they have.also if they have a new older tractor on the lot they are more willing to deal to move it.

/ New 2012 Model Year ? #4  
I just read in another post that 2012 Model year BX25's are NOT happening due to issues in Japan. Can anyone authoratatively second and confirm this rumor please?

um.. no. There have been no issues because of what happened in Japan. There is no such thing as a model year, they just build tractors until the model gets stale.

/ New 2012 Model Year ? #5  
um.. no. There have been no issues because of what happened in Japan. There is no such thing as a model year, they just build tractors until the model gets stale.

My understanding is exactly this. No model "year" per se. Date of put into service is about one gets, really. They aren't automobiles and are treated as such.

/ New 2012 Model Year ? #6  
bp fick said:
My understanding is exactly this. No model "year" per se. Date of put into service is about one gets, really. They aren't automobiles and are treated as such.

Most manufacturers have product cycle schedules. Every 5 years honda completely does a redo of their vans, but every 4 years for some of their cars. Microsoft is on a 3 year cycle with all of their products. And virtually all manufactuerers stagger those cycles so something is always new every year.

Beginning of this year Kubota's GR series of 4wd lawn mowers were redone with new model number. Because the BX numbers have been the same for a few years - chances are good a "70s" series is just around the corner for 2012 - maybe incorporating their new 25 horse engine into the lineup. I also wouldn't be surprised to see an LP/NG product, as many government purchasing requirements have incentive bid points for products deemed "enviromentally classified".

Popular products in the bx and b lines will likely adapt products to broaden their markets as other similar companies have already done.

Change isn't just inevitable, its required in a tough economic environment.

/ New 2012 Model Year ? #7  
Coming soon to a dealer near you, the ZP330P-60 or ZP330LP-72! From Kubota, a 31hp LPG fueled zero turn mower.

/ New 2012 Model Year ?
Looks like I found a 2011 year motor BX25 on a showroom floor. A little farther away then my closeset dealer but it is "clean" . The one at my close dealer has a motor dated 2010, the tractor is scratched and finger-nail paint repaired, headlights are rusting, steering wheel is faded, all hose caps are faded, it looks liek it has been sitting outside for a year... "I" want to eff my tractor up, not buy one already trashed...and there was no break in the price!
I feel bad for the salesman, I wanted to give him the order but ain't gonna happen.

I am seriosly thinking about the following:
All Implements are to come from land Pride painted Kubota Orange.

RB05 Rear Blade 48"

DH10 Disc harrow 48"

BB05 Box Scraper 48"

RTR05 Tiller 42"

Another gent on this board suggested I go w/ a 60" rear blade cause when it is angled your down to 48 or so...

It is a small tractor, I think I want to stay w/ small implements and maybe some day, when we get out of dodge, and buy that piece of acerage get a big boy tractor! HA! :thumbsup:

I have a small 1/3 acre but the tractor, here, is primarilly for digging in my business and I hope to farm myself and the BX25 out to the many many clients I run into. I see so many old stumps and things that need ot be done on peoples propertys...I betya I can pull this off.

I made up my mind ot buy this last weekend, Monday morning I sold a $2300.00+ Sewer repair and guess what, I CAN USE MY NEW TRACTOR! So I told the owner I will give them free rotor rooter till I have my tractor in hand... AWSOME, I am gonna make 10% or so of my outgoing cash in ONE JOB! WooHOO!

/ New 2012 Model Year ? #9  

I would agree. My take is all they can do is use a bx2360 (I think) motor, adjust PSI pressure as needed and be done.. Not much else left to do.

/ New 2012 Model Year ? #10  
I predict that we see a new BX25/26 model that will have either the new 25 horse motor - or the same motor at the bx2660.

Why? Because the bx25/26 is the heaviest duty of the bx line, AND the bigger motor would match the heavier uses of the product.