Bought the L3710 last night

/ Bought the L3710 last night #1  

Anonymous Poster

Well I shot him an offer of $16,650 if he'd throw in a new boxblade and he snapped it up like my dog does a frizbee.
Makes you wonder how much room there was on that one.
He started at $18,000 when they first put it on the lot.(2 weeks ago max) The boxblade lists for $850, his cost maybe $400-$450? All this just reinforces my theory of never pay the asking price.

Stopped in after work Friday afternoon to do a final check. I testdrove it and during that time I noticed that the tractor wasn't sitting right. The RF seemed like it had a lot more camber than the LF. It just didn't look square to me. It was sitting on the shop floor and the salesman had the service manager look at it. He checked the air pressure in the tires and one rear was at 23 psi while the other was at 10 psi. The front tires were also off. I was informed that the one with 23 psi had a nail in it when they took it on trade and was repaired. Funny, the salesman hadn't heard about that. After the tires were aired up it did sit a lot better. Does this sound right?

The salesman and I loaded up the tractor and the trailer tail lights weren't working. We tried 2 different trailers and found out the problem was with the truck. The brake lights were working an so were the flashers. We drove the 35 miles in the dark with the flashers on and got the tractor to my house at 8pm. I'd say either he went above and beyond or he really wanted that tractor off of his lot. Only time will tell I guess.

Kevin

PS. HI DH!

/ Bought the L3710 last night #2  
Congratulations. You'll be very happy with the L3710. With 300 hrs the tractor is barely broken in. I think you got a deal, I wouldn't let my L3710 go for that price!

/ Bought the L3710 last night #3  
Congratulations! Sounds like you got a very good deal. As far as the tire pressures go, if you read through some of the posts you will find several where folks complained that their FEL didn't hit the ground flat. Often, the problem was just that the tires were not equally inflated. Not much give to the frame, and no springs, so a small difference in tire pressures can be very noticeable. Enjoy your new tractor, and keep the shiny side up. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif