New B2620 for a long time JD Owner.

/ New B2620 for a long time JD Owner. #1  

CAgnoli

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota Grand L 3940 HST-3
Proud new owner of a B2620. Decided to stick with the MMM because the tractor will spend most of it's life mowing grass. I traded in my JD X540 on it.

I had a JD 3320 Cab tractor for years, and foolishly decided it was too much tractor for my 12 acres. I've seen the error of my ways, and started looking at compact utility tractors.

Of course, I started out at John Deere as just about everything in my barn was green. I like the 2320, seemed to be enough tractor, and had the added advantage of being able to use my existing snow blower from my X748, but ultimately, I decided on a Kubota after stopping at the local dealer to take a peak.

I can't explain the difference, other than to say, that sitting in the operator station of the JD 2320 felt like I was in a stripped down tractor. (Mainly because all of the JD products I've owned in the past have had amenities like tilt wheel.....) Where as the Kubota just felt like I was sitting on a purpose built tractor. Something built to do work. (Not saying by any means that the 2320 isn't as capable, it came down to perception I guess)

I've still got the X748, and it will be serving as primary on the Snow season this year with the 47" blower.

I do have one question for those of you on the forums. I'm considering adding a grapple to my bucket for added utility. Will the novelty wear off if I decide to go that route? Dealer says he can add one for roughly 2K including the valving and third function on the loader joystick.

Just curious if I'm overlooking something obvious as another means of collecting brush and moving material without a bunch of spillage (I move a pretty fair amount of mulch every spring)

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0043.jpg
    IMG_0043.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 346
  • IMG_0058.jpg
    IMG_0058.jpg
    446.4 KB · Views: 424
   / New B2620 for a long time JD Owner. #2  
Nice tractor. I looked at a 2620 yesterday, and really like it. I am also a long time Deere customer. About the only thing I do not like about the 2620 is the lack of position control on the 3-pt hydraulics. But I think I can live without it. For the money, the 2620 is very well built compared to the Deeres.

If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay? The local dealer here offered $14700 cash price for the 2620 with front loader and loaded rear tires.

/ New B2620 for a long time JD Owner.
Mine was $18,800 with FEL, Loaded R4's, and the 60" MMM. He showed me $4k trade on the four year old X540.

/ New B2620 for a long time JD Owner. #4  
Congratulations, very nice tractor.:thumbsup:

/ New B2620 for a long time JD Owner. #5  
Very nice tractor. About 3 weeks ago, I bought a B2620 used. Only 112 hours on it. I love it. I also have the loader and 60" MMM.

Enjoy.

P.S. I can't help you on the grapple. I've never used one and haven't use a FEL much either.

/ New B2620 for a long time JD Owner. #6  
For hauling brush, you could also consider forks. The quick disconnect system and forks sold for the B3200 will also fit on the B2x20 tractors.

/ New B2620 for a long time JD Owner. #7  
Congrats,
Nice tractor, Best of luck .Have you thought about a three point rake for the brush or do you think the grapple is the better way to go? I usually spread around 5 to 6 yards of cedar mulch every other year and the bucket does the trick for me.
DevilDog

/ New B2620 for a long time JD Owner. #10  
I got a full grapple for my 2710 last spring and love it. As far as moving brush and logs it's the cats meow. Though I suppose forks will work but I did not want anything rolling out of the bucket. At times I would like a bucket grapple but hey I;m happy with what I got. Just turned the compost pile with the grapple this afternoon and it makes it easy to mix it up. Enjoy your tractor