L3130/7800 extra weight

/ L3130/7800 extra weight #1  

Anonymous Poster

Here I go again just when I was ready and certain to order a b7800, part of my property has slipped down the hill due to lot of rain this year and lack of a better ditch (one reason for tractor) Guess procastination did not help in this case. My question is I live on hill (mountain) in Eastern Ky. and the drive is long and steep in places. Will the extra weight of the l3130 work against me when I am tring to remove snow? What I mean is the 7800s weight is 1,741lbs. compared to the 3130 3,305lbs. (almost double). On a downward slope such as I have will it cause me to slide more(or faster)?I was going to try to go interest free 3yr on 7800, now looking 2.99 on 5yr. for 3130. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Am I crazy or what? I will order one way or another Monday. What is good price on 3130, fel, mmm,backhoe?

/ L3130/7800 extra weight
Call me tomorrow and i'll get you a price on the L3130.

/ L3130/7800 extra weight #4  
Kytractor,

Can't help you with price info, but as far as moving snow (plowing) goes, it's always been my experience that the heavier the vehicle the better. First of all, more weight on "your side" corresponds to being able to move more snow without bogging down or being pushed around. Second, more weight on your side increases your tractive force, pure and simple. Of course, if it's really slick or icy, only chains will help.

For light snow falls, it probably doesn't matter much, but for deep, heavy snows, you want to be as heavy as possible.

I think looking at the new L30 series is a prudent measure considering the property you have. The B series is great, but the L3130 weighs almost twice what a B7800 or B2910 does. That's a lot more tractor for not much more money.

Good Luck,

~Rick

Rick, Thanks for the your input, it was very helpful . I agree after seeing the difference in the 7800 and 3130 it does seem that you are getting alot more compared to the additional cost. ---Shane

/ L3130/7800 extra weight #6  
Shayne,

Check prices at Davis Equipment in Ashland, Ky. A wonderful dealership that has earned my business and most of all my respect.
Not sure where you live or the dealers you've been talking to on your purchase, but I wanted to make sure you knew about these folks.

/ L3130/7800 extra weight #8  
Where in east Ky? Ashland here.

FYI, I don't work for Davis or Kubota, just a happy customer.

Just outside of prestonsburg Ky. in knott county. I come to Ashland once a week. Also have a good friend in Ashland. By the way My Daughter 13 sings bluegrass/country for Ky opery. I know that has nothing to do with tractors, but thought I would throw that in. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ L3130/7800 extra weight #10  
Way cool. I MC most the bluegrass events at The MAC, do a radio show on WSIP on Sundays and have a syndicated show several other stations. Way cool neighbor!
There are times I play John Deere Tractor but tell the listeners to sing Kubota instead.