B7800 price check

/ B7800 price check #1  

Airmale

Bronze Member
Tractor
kubota l3430
Just found a nice 2007 B7800 with fel and mid pto option. The tractor has 29hrs and looks brand new. The gentleman is asking $13500, seems fair I think. Is there anything I need to look for on this model that I might miss?

/ B7800 price check #2  
Just found a nice 2007 B7800 with fel and mid pto option. The tractor has 29hrs and looks brand new. The gentleman is asking $13500, seems fair I think. Is there anything I need to look for on this model that I might miss?
I bought the B7800 new in Nov 2006 with the same gadgets, FEL, MMM, and the tractor itself... $18K out the door.

That is a good price in my opinion. Fair to both parties. It won't last long at that price. Nothing that I know of (after 5 years of use) that is a show stopper for the B7800. Obviously, 29 hours it is still new. The 50 hour service is easy to do in a half day or less. You'll need a 26mm socket to remove the strainer (which I did not readily have) but otherwise, common garage tools, oil, lube, and filters is all you'll need to do that service yourself.

I use a hoist to lift the front end and slide the mower out easily. Takes all of 2 minutes or less to remove the MMM with a hoist (small 1000 lb lift hoist, nothing fancy).

I still have the OEM battery in service.

There is one inherent problem but it's easy to fix; the neutral safety switch that is in-line with the hydrostatic drive pedal. Often times that switch gets misaligned or needs a shot of grease for it to find the neutral safety position to allow the tractor to start. No big deal, just be aware of that issue to save you a lot of head scratching. The switch will usually find its position with a liltle movement of the pedal, a shot of grease, or there is a thread here (several actually) that shows the setup and work around for taking it out of service (each to their own), replacing the switch, or realigning and tightening the switch.

/ B7800 price check #3  
Wow, 29 hrs, it is new. I doubt this helps but a local dealer here in Tn. had a 2008 B7800 with FEL on his lot that was in excellent shape with around 300 hrs, he would have quickly took $7500.00.

/ B7800 price check #4  
I only paid $12 K for my B7510 in 2007. Same size frame, just not as much hp. I had the FEL and a land pride mower to boot.

Just paid 18K for a B3200 HST 32 hp.

On Craigs List I found a B7800 with low hours (not that low) for $8500. Location must be a huge factor.

/ B7800 price check #5  
Excellent price for my area Ontario Canada (everything's more expensive here)

Amazes me how people can purchase a 20-25k tractor and only put 29 hrs on it???

/ B7800 price check
ok, so I went to buy the kubota this afternoon and brought $13.5 in cash because any snow in the forecast, tractors with fel become scarce. I asked what the lowest he would take and to my surprise he says $11k!!! SOLD, I couldn't be any happier:)

/ B7800 price check #7  
I paid $13,000. for my B7800 with FEL , in 06' . Had 196 hrs. , was 20 months old, garage kept , friend upsided to a L3830 . $11,000. was a great deal , one on e-bay asking $14,500. firm. Hope you enjoy your's as much as I enjoy mine. Have 1,306 hrs on mine , used it today , wish I had TWO !!!!!!!!!!!

/ B7800 price check #8  
$13,500 seams a little high but $11k for a low hour machine, I think you got a good deal. I would change the engine and hydro oil unless the previous owner has records on when he did it. Some people will just blindly go by hours as to when to do it by after 4+ years it just cheap insurance.

/ B7800 price check
$13,500 seams a little high but $11k for a low hour machine, I think you got a good deal. I would change the engine and hydro oil unless the previous owner has records on when he did it. Some people will just blindly go by hours as to when to do it by after 4+ years it just cheap insurance.

plan on doing a 50hr service tomorrow. 5yr old tractor even with 29hrs is due!

/ B7800 price check #10  
ok, so I went to buy the kubota this afternoon and brought $13.5 in cash because any snow in the forecast, tractors with fel become scarce. I asked what the lowest he would take and to my surprise he says $11k!!! SOLD, I couldn't be any happier:)
Most excellent. Hopefully the owner's manual and all came with it.

Not to insult your intelligence but if you have not done a service routine on the B7800, here's a link that will get you all the way through it.

Kubota : B-Series