New guy needs help to buy a Kubota L3800HST

/ New guy needs help to buy a Kubota L3800HST #11  
Just paid about 25.5k for L3800HST 4x4 with filled R4's, 66" FEL quick attach with toothbar, 5' Landpride bush hog, 5' Landpride reverse rotation tiller, 6' Dirt Dog SBX box blade and 16' tandem axle trailer with brakes (used trailer that the dealer already had).

Only time I notice the jerky issue on the 3ph is when I'm at PTO speed sitting idle and trying to raise an attachment very slowly (in other words trying to see how jerky it is). It does jerk and bounce some on the way up, no doubt about it. While operating (moving) and raising and lowering etc, I really don't notice it jerking at all. I'll qualify that by saying I've only got 7 hours on it now and only maybe an hour of that was fooling with the box blade, but the other 6 were bushhogging and repeatedly raising and lowering the bush hog as my terrain changes and cutting up steep inclines and going over old farm terraces up and down.

/ New guy needs help to buy a Kubota L3800HST #12  
Just paid about 25.5k for L3800HST 4x4 with filled R4's, 66" FEL quick attach with toothbar, 5' Landpride bush hog, 5' Landpride reverse rotation tiller, 6' Dirt Dog SBX box blade and 16' tandem axle trailer with brakes (used trailer that the dealer already had).

Only time I notice the jerky issue on the 3ph is when I'm at PTO speed sitting idle and trying to raise an attachment very slowly (in other words trying to see how jerky it is). It does jerk and bounce some on the way up, no doubt about it. While operating (moving) and raising and lowering etc, I really don't notice it jerking at all. I'll qualify that by saying I've only got 7 hours on it now and only maybe an hour of that was fooling with the box blade, but the other 6 were bushhogging and repeatedly raising and lowering the bush hog as my terrain changes and cutting up steep inclines and going over old farm terraces up and down.

Actually maybe only 5 bush hogging because there's an hour or so in that 7 of just piddling and driving. Also got the PATS quick attach in that price for the lower arms. If you do get that, you will need a longer top link (3rd arm) which did cost me another 32 bucks or so. It was actually well worth it because it it beefier than the one that comes on it and much easier to maneuver implements with.

/ New guy needs help to buy a Kubota L3800HST #13  
shgdds said:
Hi Everyone,
I'm new to the site and excited to participate :)

I want to buy a new Kubota L3800HST with the following options:

R4 tires
Cruise Control
Canopy
LA524 loader w/66' quick coupler bucket
LP BB1260 Scraper

What is a fair price to pay for the above?

Thanks in advance for the advice!

shgdds

Generally speaking - for the Kubota items - you can use the pricing tool on their website to price your configuration out. If you get 15% or better off, you've got a pretty nice price.

/ New guy needs help to buy a Kubota L3800HST #14  
I just bought a L3800, 4wd, gear drive, w/FEL and Land Pride 5' mower for $16k. :D

It was used though, but only had 14 hours and looked brand new.

I've only put 6 hours on it, mostly mowing brush and have not noticed the jerky 3ph.

Great tractor. I love it!

/ New guy needs help to buy a Kubota L3800HST #15  
...and have not noticed the jerky 3ph...
Hey, welcome to TBN :thumbsup: I kind of think it's an adjustment that some are worst than others...

/ New guy needs help to buy a Kubota L3800HST #16  
Hey, welcome to TBN :thumbsup: I kind of think it's an adjustment that some are worst than others...

Thanks!

I have noticed some jerky 3ph on other small tractors. My folks have a MF 2300 that's real jerky.

/ New guy needs help to buy a Kubota L3800HST #17  
Hi Everyone,
I'm new to the site and excited to participate :)

I want to buy a new Kubota L3800HST with the following options:

R4 tires
Cruise Control
Canopy
LA524 loader w/66' quick coupler bucket
LP BB1260 Scraper

What is a fair price to pay for the above?

Thanks in advance for the advice!

shgdds

I would check Barlow Tractor they are located in KY but they deliver all over the US. They have about the lowest price you will find. I have bought 2 tractors and some implements from them. Here is the link to the
Barlow Tractor. I never had to pay for a thing till it hit my driveway and wwas unloaded. If I buy again it will be Barlows, Brady is a great guy.:thumbsup: