Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2370-1

Default Re: New guy needs help to buy a Kubota L3800HST

Just paid about 25.5k for L3800HST 4x4 with filled R4's, 66" FEL quick attach with toothbar, 5' Landpride bush hog, 5' Landpride reverse rotation tiller, 6' Dirt Dog SBX box blade and 16' tandem axle trailer with brakes (used trailer that the dealer already had).

Only time I notice the jerky issue on the 3ph is when I'm at PTO speed sitting idle and trying to raise an attachment very slowly (in other words trying to see how jerky it is). It does jerk and bounce some on the way up, no doubt about it. While operating (moving) and raising and lowering etc, I really don't notice it jerking at all. I'll qualify that by saying I've only got 7 hours on it now and only maybe an hour of that was fooling with the box blade, but the other 6 were bushhogging and repeatedly raising and lowering the bush hog as my terrain changes and cutting up steep inclines and going over old farm terraces up and down.

Tractor
    Kubota BX2370-1

Quote Originally Posted by tractorshopper View Post
    Just paid about 25.5k for L3800HST 4x4 with filled R4's, 66" FEL quick attach with toothbar, 5' Landpride bush hog, 5' Landpride reverse rotation tiller, 6' Dirt Dog SBX box blade and 16' tandem axle trailer with brakes (used trailer that the dealer already had).

Only time I notice the jerky issue on the 3ph is when I'm at PTO speed sitting idle and trying to raise an attachment very slowly (in other words trying to see how jerky it is). It does jerk and bounce some on the way up, no doubt about it. While operating (moving) and raising and lowering etc, I really don't notice it jerking at all. I'll qualify that by saying I've only got 7 hours on it now and only maybe an hour of that was fooling with the box blade, but the other 6 were bushhogging and repeatedly raising and lowering the bush hog as my terrain changes and cutting up steep inclines and going over old farm terraces up and down.
    Actually maybe only 5 bush hogging because there's an hour or so in that 7 of just piddling and driving. Also got the PATS quick attach in that price for the lower arms. If you do get that, you will need a longer top link (3rd arm) which did cost me another 32 bucks or so. It was actually well worth it because it it beefier than the one that comes on it and much easier to maneuver implements with.

Tractor
    Kubota B3030

Quote Originally Posted by shgdds
    Hi Everyone,
    I'm new to the site and excited to participate

I want to buy a new kubota L3800HST with the following options:

R4 tires
    Cruise Control
    Canopy
    LA524 loader w/66' quick coupler bucket
    LP BB1260 Scraper

What is a fair price to pay for the above?

Thanks in advance for the advice!

shgdds
    Generally speaking - for the Kubota items - you can use the pricing tool on their website to price your configuration out. If you get 15% or better off, you've got a pretty nice price.
    Kubota B3030, LA403 FEL, Woods RB72 Back Blade, LandPride GS1560 Grading Scraper, Frontier CA2060E Aerator, Kubota ZD331-72 mower, John Deere x575 & 47" snowblower

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3800DT, L3750DT Shuttle

I just bought a L3800, 4wd, gear drive, w/FEL and Land Pride 5' mower for $16k.

It was used though, but only had 14 hours and looked brand new.

I've only put 6 hours on it, mostly mowing brush and have not noticed the jerky 3ph.

Great tractor. I love it!

Tractor
    L2800 - HST

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegill2 View Post
    ...and have not noticed the jerky 3ph...
    Hey, welcome to TBN I kind of think it's an adjustment that some are worst than others...

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3800DT, L3750DT Shuttle

Quote Originally Posted by teg View Post
    Hey, welcome to TBN I kind of think it's an adjustment that some are worst than others...
    Thanks!

I have noticed some jerky 3ph on other small tractors. My folks have a MF 2300 that's real jerky.

Tractor
    Kubota L4400-1 HST,FEL, 3x3 remotes, TNT. BX1500 54 mmm

Quote Originally Posted by shgdds View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    I'm new to the site and excited to participate

I want to buy a new kubota L3800HST with the following options:

R4 tires
    Cruise Control
    Canopy
    LA524 loader w/66' quick coupler bucket
    LP BB1260 Scraper

What is a fair price to pay for the above?

Thanks in advance for the advice!

shgdds
    I would check Barlow Tractor they are located in KY but they deliver all over the US. They have about the lowest price you will find. I have bought 2 tractors and some implements from them. Here is the link to the
    Barlow Tractor. I never had to pay for a thing till it hit my driveway and wwas unloaded. If I buy again it will be Barlows, Brady is a great guy.
    Randall

1Timothy Chapter 2:
    3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
    4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
    5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12