Tractor News Kubota - Made in the USA

/ Kubota - Made in the USA #21  
I've had time to read several books that helped out quit a bit in the American, Japan quality issues. I started with Lee Iaccoa's book, then do to references to Made in Japan and I won't even attempt to spell the writers name although his association was with Sony and then to Henry Fords book.

At the end of WWII all US purchasers wanted from Japan was low end. So that is what they bought to be distributed here. Sony never got in to being re-badged, ego or what ever they were proud of what they built and to rigid standards and marketed under their name.

The way they built was to an american that we sent there because american manufacturing was high on itself for past accomplishments and didn't feel the need to follow his advice. Maybe we should have listened to him and keep him here as we might have a few more manufacture's here!

JD is looking for new markets but also to fill the newest market in this country and that being the compact tractor market with their latest factories in India and China.

I still like as a dealer to be working close to the people who build the equipment for my customers sake of parts availability in twenty years plus. We have seen where different companies go through a separation and then have parts issues down the road so we try to say close to the manufacture to not have this issue.

When I see people buying some makes it just makes me cringe knowing some of the problems some of the brands have had after changes in the corporate end. I do look at things differently as many of our customers use their equipment to make a living so 30 days plus of down time is not an option!

/ Kubota - Made in the USA #23  
Many flagged items do have different country's engines. Cummins is worldwide, are they still a USA company? I think so, Most truckers are proud of their Cummins engines and or their CAT engines, same story different front door..

/ Kubota - Made in the USA #24  
About 30 yrs ago I was working on a powerhouse and another fitter on the job was holding the floor in the hogger (lunchroom) blasting one of his fellow workers for driving a Toyota. He was driving a Chevy Luv and if you recall it had Chevrolet emblazoned across the back of the tailgate.

I looked into it some and rather enjoyed telling him that that particular Toyota was made in the US and that his Luv was made lock stock and barrel in Japan.

I am happy, in fact prefer, to buy US made gear, as long as the quality is there!

/ Kubota - Made in the USA #26  
Many flagged items do have different country's engines. Cummins is worldwide, are they still a USA company? I think so... ..

Yes, Cummins is a worldwide company and is headquartered in Columbus, IN. From the Cummins web site:

"Cummins Inc., a global power leader, is a corporation of complementary business units that design, manufacture, distribute and service engines and related technologies, including fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions and electrical power generation systems. Headquartered in Columbus, Indiana, (USA) Cummins employs approximately 46,000 people worldwide and serves customers in approximately 190 countries and territories through a network of more than 600 company-owned and independent distributor locations and approximately 6,500 dealer locations. Cummins earned $1.66 billion on sales of $17.3 billion in 2012."

Bill

/ Kubota - Made in the USA #27  
Cummings is made in Indiana, USA

actually that's not true, Cummins is made in Indiana but I have no idea where Cummings are made. Just kidding around, no offense intended.

I did a plant tour of the Indiana plant and it was very cool. Pretty neat to see how the engines are put together and how much of it is still done by hand. Parts however are sourced from all over the world, 5.9 and 6.7 liter blocks come from Brazil.

/ Kubota - Made in the USA #28  
Building Kubota's here might not be a good idea. For me the reason to have the Kubota is because it's built in Japan under a Dr. Deming style of management, by Japanese workers. It would be a less desirable machine to me if it's made by some baggy pant, hat on sideways, crouch grabbing, listening to rap on the line guy, while he puts pistons into my block. No thanks. HS

/ Kubota - Made in the USA #29  
Why would CNH be called out for not making domestic products when the high HP MFD tractors are made in Racine WI, 4WD in Fargo ND, Tillage in Goodfield IL, Combines in Grand Island NE, Sprayers, Floaters and cotton pickers in Benson MN?

Most CUT are imported or owned by companies outside the US. We are in a global market with origins or "Made in Wherever" being a non issue for most consumers.

/ Kubota - Made in the USA #30  
seems like Kubota plans to continue to move more production to the US. I don't believe this is the end of it.