Tractor News Kubota - Made in the USA

/ Kubota - Made in the USA #31  
Building Kubota's here might not be a good idea. For me the reason to have the Kubota is because it's built in Japan under a Dr. Deming style of management, by Japanese workers. It would be a less desirable machine to me if it's made by some baggy pant, hat on sideways, crouch grabbing, listening to rap on the line guy, while he puts pistons into my block. No thanks. HS
no, they all work at Harley Davidson.

Japan has a labor shortage and shipping steel is expensive. Just as most world auto and truck manufacturers have plants here, if Kubota wants to grow US market share this will be a good move.

/ Kubota - Made in the USA #32  
Building Kubota's here might not be a good idea. For me the reason to have the Kubota is because it's built in Japan under a Dr. Deming style of management, by Japanese workers. It would be a less desirable machine to me if it's made by some baggy pant, hat on sideways, crouch grabbing, listening to rap on the line guy, while he puts pistons into my block. No thanks. HS

It was a shame we sent Deming to japan, but things aren't that bad as they brought his styles to the US!!! They are not the only one of the Japanese to bring his ways here!

/ Kubota - Made in the USA #33  

If it were my factory they'd adhere to strict regulations and process control. No one employed in my factory would resemble this description...not even the parking lot attendant....

/ Kubota - Made in the USA #34  
If it were my factory they'd adhere to strict regulations and process control. No one employed in my factory would resemble this description...not even the parking lot attendant....

Unless they are union, they you have nothing to say about it.

/ Kubota - Made in the USA #35  
Unless they are union, they you have nothing to say about it.

It really does not work that way. The union and the corporation may enter into legal agreements regarding "dress codes" and what-not.

You make it sound as if unions are uber all powerfull.

/ Kubota - Made in the USA #36  
I personally would not consider working a union site, I worked 45 years non-union and always made a good wage. Unions helped me make that good wage by forcing none union places to pay good wages and treat their workers fair. They do have their place and I have no problem with union work or workers. My former company would sub-let work to union or non-union, as the low bidder got the job. Unions keep the non union companies from treating the workers as they did 100 years ago but they also have a bad rep for over indulging workers at the expense of quality, pricing and job security. Many a good worker lost their lively hood due to impossible demands by union leaders.
Unions are not nearly as powerful today as they were 50 years ago. Big Brother legislation has forced non union companies into compliance with most union demands without the workers fees paid to a union organization.

/ Kubota - Made in the USA #37  
It really does not work that way. The union and the corporation may enter into legal agreements regarding "dress codes" and what-not.

You make it sound as if unions are uber all powerfull.

They have been powerful enough to make auto companies pay employees to sit on their butts and play cards. Also powerful enough to drive up labor costs to the point that much of the manufacturing in now done overseas.

There was a time when unions were more good than bad, more honest than corrupt. That was a long time ago.

There are some fields of endeavor where employees should not have the right to unionize. Federal and state government, public safety and service, public school teachers, etc. In no case should employees be required to join unions or forced to pay union dues against their will.

bumper

/ Kubota - Made in the USA #38  
Global companies, parts sourced from everywhere around the world. What don't people get about that?
This covers every industry known to humans.
Autos, tractors, computers, appliances, you name it. Some industry is now coming to America to manufacture their products. Some are doing final assembly here. Some build from scratch.

My question would be how does one grab a 'crouch' anyway?!:laughing:

/ Kubota - Made in the USA #39  
Global companies, parts sourced from everywhere around the world. What don't people get about that?
This covers every industry known to humans.
Autos, tractors, computers, appliances, you name it. Some industry is now coming to America to manufacture their products. Some are doing final assembly here. Some build from scratch.

My question would be how does one grab a 'crouch' anyway?!:laughing:

Bend over, with long reach back? :)

/ Kubota - Made in the USA #40  
Sounds like a Sumo wrestler move to me!:shocked: