Rear tire spacing

/ Rear tire spacing #1  

Haz

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3430cab w/ FEL
Ordered a L3430w/cab with R1 tires a couple of weeks ago and am waiting for my toothbar to come in. I was talking to the dealer today and he asked me what rear tire spacing I wanted. He could set them at 5' or 5 1/2' or 6'. I have also ordered a Woods BB60 and a 72" FEL and a 72" rear blade. I do have some slope to the property so I figured wider is better for stability. My property is 30 acres, 20 is wooded mostly new growth <50 years old and not very dense and the other 10 is weeds (overgrown horse pasture). I believe the slope is about 5% on most of the fields. The wooded area has some logging roads and it needs cleaning up. The grade is steeper in parts of that area. Any help would be appreciated.

Haz

/ Rear tire spacing
Here is a picture of the barn with a "brand new" roof /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Attachments

• 256174-Barn and Corral2.jpg
    256174-Barn and Corral2.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 135
   / Rear tire spacing
Oops! Cut off the picture. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Attachments

• 256176-Barn and Corral3.jpg
    256176-Barn and Corral3.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 127
   / Rear tire spacing
Here is another one of the ex- horse pasture.

Attachments

• 256177-View from homesite3.jpg
    256177-View from homesite3.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 114
   / Rear tire spacing #5  
Unless I had to get through a narrow door or between trees too close together, or had implements that would not be wider than the rear tires, I'd go with the wider spacing for stability and ride comfort.

/ Rear tire spacing #6  
I agree with Bird, not that that is unusual. That cab adds a lot of weight above the center of gravity so a wide stance would help avoid that pucker factor side slopes can offer. Will the 5' box blade be too narrow to cover your tracks with a wide setting? Might want to consider a 66" box.

MarkV

/ Rear tire spacing #7  
<font color="blue"> He could set them at 5' or 5 1/2' or 6'. </font>

Start in the middle. If you only have 5 degree slopes tipping shouldn't be much of an issue. But even that can tip you if you have a load or hit a depression.

Also, I'm a big fan of a tilt meter. You can find refereces all over the site. I've got one on my "big" tractor as well as my lawn tractor.