Price Check B2920 price check

/ B2920 price check #1  

tractchores

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota b2920
Posted this in the general pricing discussion, but thought i might get more feedback here. I'm wondering what folks think is a fair price on a lightly used 2920 with a fel and bh65 backhoe. Im looking at 3 right now, all are '09 or newer with under 100 hrs. List prices are from 19900 - 21900. New msrp if i order is around 24750 and with the current programs i think i could get a new one for 22 and change. Anyone have any ideas of what a good price to shoot for on the used models would be? Anyone who bought a new one recently that can share the price? Ive checked tractorhouse, many dealer websites and a few other sources and list prices are all in that same ballpark. Thanks!

/ B2920 price check #2  
FWIW... I recently purchased a lightly used 2009 B2920 in upstate NY. The dealer had taken it in on a trade-up. The tractor and loader had 62 hours on them and looked brand new. I also got a very lightly used 60" MMM, used fiberglass canopy, and new 5' light duty back blade. The total package was right at $15k before tax. Hope this helps.

/ B2920 price check
FWIW... I recently purchased a lightly used 2009 B2920 in upstate NY. The dealer had taken it in on a trade-up. The tractor and loader had 62 hours on them and looked brand new. I also got a very lightly used 60" MMM, used fiberglass canopy, and new 5' light duty back blade. The total package was right at $15k before tax. Hope this helps.

Thanks that does help. The backhoe adds $6,000 plus, so it seems like 19 - 21 is the right range. I have found that the dealers aren't moving much at all on those prices and other than throwing a few token items in its at or very close to list price on these machines. I'm going to check one out later today and if I can come to a good number will probably buy it. I was hoping the new machine promotions would soften demand and maybe lower prices a bit on them, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Of 5 or 6 I looked at online in the last week or two about half of them have sold already after only being listed for a couple weeks.

/ B2920 price check #4  
Not an exact fit, but I just bought a 2008 B2620 with FEL and 60" MMM for $12,000. Unit had 112 hours on it and was in top shape.

/ B2920 price check
Thanks for all the feedback. I'm now the proud new owner of a '10 B2920 with FEL and BH. It's in great condition with only 70 hours on it and the balance of the warranty remaining. There was very little movement on price, but they were willing to include several things I wanted to add. I ended up doing it for 19,500. I'll have it Friday morning, just in time to try it out on some snow. Can't wait! :D

/ B2920 price check #7  
Congrats! I'm sure the tractor will serve you well. The best part is now you can stop thinking about buying and start using :thumbsup:

/ B2920 price check
Congrats! I'm sure the tractor will serve you well. The best part is now you can stop thinking about buying and start using :thumbsup:

Definitely happy about that! Now I've got a list of a million things to start to do, but many will have to wait until spring. In the meantime I think I'm going to use it for some treework and am looking into a good PTO chipper. I'm searching and reading, but will probably start a new thread on that, I'm wondering how much chipper this machine can handle and whether or not it might be underrated on PTO (ratio of engine to PTO power on this one is much lower than the B2320 and B2620 and it's got the same Hydro setup as the 2620, so where's the extra engine power go?).

/ B2920 price check
Got the tractor and have put a few hours on it now. All I can say is WOW, this thing is a beast for its size and very easy to operate compared to some of the rental equipment I've been using. I did some snow plowing with the FEL, which worked surprisingly well (don't think I'm going to need to even buy a real snowplow now), dug out a stump up from frozen ground with the BH and did some work in the woodlot. I was concerned about the turf tires not having enough traction, but surprisingly they had no trouble going up steep grades even with snow and ice carrying a load. The only slip I had was a scary one going down a steep grade because i didn't have it in 4wd. Thank god the tractor isn't tippy at all, I won't make that mistake again. Now I'm looking forward to the next snow storm so I can plow again! :D Thanks everyone for the assistance on pricing.