That was easy!

/ That was easy! #1  

paulemar

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX25, 60" MMM, 3 point hitch
Wow! I've been wanting a tractor since we moved into this house 16 years ago, but out of necessity, I just bought and used what I needed to get by. Needless to say, I did a lot of work by hand. We started out with a Yardman 15 hp mower which went through 3 hst transmissions before I gave up and bought a used 1977 JD 210 garden tractor with mower deck. It still works & I'm keeping it for around the house. Then I wanted an old Ford N, went to wanting a Ford 600 series, MF135, Ford 1500, 1700 series, something from JD a bit newer but used, used Kubota's, and never got any of them. Then finally I wanted----no needed a new Kubota. We have 2 acres just outside the city limits of Pittsburgh, PA and I take care of 3 more adjacent to our property for a neighbor who can't do it anymore. It's mostly grass surrounded on the edges by woods. We have a 500' gravel driveway. Today I did it! I went to Murphy Family, Inc. in Washington, PA and bought a new BX25 with a 60" mower and 3 pt kit. I took the money I was saving intending to pay cash in 12 or 15 months and used it for a down payment and financed the rest at 0% for 48 months. It will be delivered next week. I will post the required pictures. Vince at Murphy was great. He gave me a tour of the display floor, repair shop and parts department. The financing went through in less than 3 hours. I'm thrilled! This machine will enable me to keep the homestead up as I slowly get older.
Even though this is only my 3rd post, I've been reading and gathering information since I joined many months ago when I finally got serious about buying a tractor. Thank you all for taking the time to answer questions, provide information and opinions. All of this info plus my own research made this process much easier. I can't wait until next week!
Paul

/ That was easy! #2  
Congratulations Paul, you join a growing group of happy BX25 owners on the forum; don't have one myself.

/ That was easy! #4  
Congrats Paul,your bones and muscles will be thanking you in years to come. :)

/ That was easy! #5  
Congratulations on your new BX25 purchase. It's my favorite Kubota, use it more than any I own or have owned. My 64 year old bones are now telling me I should have gotten one sooner.:laughing:

/ That was easy! #6  
You better clean out the garage between now and when it comes, Cause the first few nights you'll be out there slepping with it! :thumbsup: Not be cause you have to but because you want to! WE are all big kids at heart with just more expencive toys/tractors :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Last edited:
   / That was easy! #7  
enjoy your new tractor when it arrives.

/ That was easy! #8  
Congratulations! You have made the smartest move in 16 years. You will be just as tired at days end - but you will have much more accomplished. You also took advantage of Kubota's great financing and have a NEW machine with a warranty - not someone else's troubles.