New L4600...anyone look at one yet????

/ New L4600...anyone look at one yet???? #21  
The L4400/46000 are built on the Grand L platform, they just leave off a lot of the frills and use different configurations (different front axle/loader/transmission combos). Look closely at a Grand L, L4400, and MX4700 and you will see that they are very similar.

If that's the case, it sure makes this model very attractive! Anybody price one yet?

/ New L4600...anyone look at one yet???? #22  
I just saw one today with a loader at my dealer, it was a nice looking tractor!

/ New L4600...anyone look at one yet???? #25  
Quoted on a L4600 today about $900 over recent quotes (week old) on similar equiped L4400. New loader (LA764) appears to have slightly less capacity than the LA703.

/ New L4600...anyone look at one yet????
Quoted on a L4600 today about $900 over recent quotes (week old) on similar equiped L4400. New loader (LA764) appears to have slightly less capacity than the LA703.

It does appear to have about ~150 lbs less rollback and lift capacity:confused2:

I wonder why that is?? The upgrade from the L3400-L3800 and the specs didnt change more than 15-20lbs

/ New L4600...anyone look at one yet???? #27  
Read elsewhere on this site that the FEL model number represents the capacity in KG's (with 1 kilogram = 2.20 pounds). This would suggest the LA764 has an increase in capacity over the LA703....which is one reason this dealer suggested the L4600 over the L4400 (he had both on the lot) as I am a bit concerned about lifting capacity for my application (though this is not a bit difference...just trying to see if I can keep from moving up to an M series).

This calculation for the LA764 (2.2 x 764 = 1680...the value given on the Kubota site for Lift capacity: Pivot Pin). But for the LA703 (2.2 x 703 = 1546...the value on the Kubota site for Lift capacity: Bucket Center).

So I continue to be confused!

While one may think a 764 has greater lift capacity than a 703, that is not the case.

Actually, only the FIRST two numbers represent the lift capacity (in kilos) and the last is the "series"). So the "760-4th generation replaced the 700-third series. But kubbota (on the 4th series) changed the spec from the bucket center to the bucket PINS. So the LA703 on the 4400 is the "3rd" generation loader and will lift 700 kilograms at the BUCKET CENTER. And the LA764 on the 4600 will lift 760 kilograms @ the pins.

Same on the 3400 and 3800. The 3400 had the LA463 loader. 3rd generation/series and would lift 460 kilos at the bucket center. The new 3800 has the LA514 loader. 4th gen and 510 kilos @ the pins.

Either way it is all too confusing when trying to compare loaders. Lift capacity @ pins, bucket center, edge, 19.7" forward, 500mm forward, lift to max height, lift to 59", lift to 1500mm, etc

/ New L4600...anyone look at one yet???? #29  
Thank you LD1 for the time and explaination...it is very confusing, particulary to someone (me) with limited experience. Guess I may need to load up a trailer of stuff, run it over to the Dealer, and see what I can and can't do with the FEL!

Thank you LD1 for the time and explaination...it is very confusing, particulary to someone (me) with limited experience. Guess I may need to load up a trailer of stuff, run it over to the Dealer, and see what I can and can't do with the FEL!

How much lift do you need? How high do you need to lift? Is there a particular set of tasks you are wanting to do with this tractor??

I did notice another difference that may be why the lift is a little lower on the new 4600.

Since they probabally use the same size cylinders as the old 4400, and same PSI, it seems the geometry of the loader may have changed a little bit. Because it can now lift about 3" higher. I believe that could be why the lift rating is a tad less.

Also keep in mind that the lift capacity/ability diminished the higher something is raised. Because the angle of the cylinder changes. The MOST lift force is down low. So if you are right there maxing out capacity down low, it "may" not be able to lift it to full height.

That is why on the new kubota specs they give a listing for max lift to max height AND max lift to ~5'. And the lift to 5' is about 500lbs more than it can lift to max height.

And either way, if you take a trailer load of stuff in to try to lift, make sure you select a tractor that is properly ballasted (if the dealer will let you). Perhaps one with a backhoe on it. Because anything under ~1000lbs hanging back there, and the wrong end of the tractor is going to raise.