Kubota 9540

/ Kubota 9540 #1  

Mack82

Tractor
various
looking at buying a kubota 9540 4x4 how reliable is this tractor i usually put 6 to 800 hours a year on them all thru the summer months run 6 to 7 days a week 10 to 12 hours a day . dealer is really pushing a mahindra 8560 but i kinda skiddish but has me thinking about it is the 9540 comparable to the old m8030 in any ways?

/ Kubota 9540 #2  
I bought a 9540 in the fall and love it. I got the 12 speed hydraulic shuttle.

The local Kubota dealer sells them in droves. The only two I have ever seen in his shop were for the exact same thing... Both were driven by hired farm hands that didn't care and both were run with very low levels of hydro fluid which burnt the clutch packs up.

/ Kubota 9540 #3  
Both the Kubota 9540 and the Mahindra 8560 are very nice tractors. I am sure that either one would serve you well. I would highly recommend setting in the seat and get a feeling for where the controls are. The 9540 might actually be a nicer tractor for a higher price, both are very nice machines though. Are these cab or open station tractors?

/ Kubota 9540
Both are open station tractors. i friend of mine has a m95 has replaced trans foward clutch packs twice all syncronizers pto clutch pack hyd pump brakes on both sides has 2000 hours now tractor hant been abused he is a 75 year old man and very paticular with maintance and he operates his self he has six hundres acres he mows three times a year so all it has done is pull a 15" bushhog. dealer told him to overfill with hyd oil thinks its not holding enough oil to keep it cool

/ Kubota 9540 #5  
Sounds to me that there is something wrong with the neighbors tractor. Problems should not be happening like that. Have you actually looked at both models that you are considering? I have the 8560s predecessor, a 7520. Basically the same tractor without the intercooler. I have been very happy with it for the past 7 years. I do mostly dirt work with it though.

How much difference is there in the prices? A lot of people think that the hydraulic shuttle on the Kubota is great and it probably is, but I have no problems using the clutch to shift from forward and reverse on my Mahindra and for me that would be the big difference between the two. That and less horse power. Do you need the extra HP for your purposes? 95 vs 83 can be a lot if one actually needs the power.

/ Kubota 9540 #6  
We have used our 8540 for two years with a lot of back and forth, but only have a couple hundred hours, so no comparable use. In researching prior to my purchase I communicated with several owners and no one reported any problems.

We had nothing but trouble out of a Case and John Deere, but I don't believe one bad tractor is indicative of anything.

/ Kubota 9540 #7  
I just purchased a new 9540HDC this fall too. I don't have many hours on it to say whether it is good/bad but I really like it so far. A very refined machine. :thumbsup:

/ Kubota 9540 #8  
We have used our 8540 for two years with a lot of back and forth, but only have a couple hundred hours, so no comparable use. In researching prior to my purchase I communicated with several owners and no one reported any problems.

We had nothing but trouble out of a Case and John Deere, but I don't believe one bad tractor is indicative of anything.

TripleR--When my dealer brought back my 7040 from it's 50 hour service he had a big Case on the trailer(don't remember the model) with him. It was a good looking tractor and I was eye-balling it while he was unloading my tractor and I asked him about the Case. He said that you'd do better with the Kubota as they were having some problems with the Case....Electrical is what he alluded to. He was the guy that made all the deliveries, so he knew what he was transporting all the time.

My Kubota has been a real workhorse and I've enjoyed every minute on it, and I've abused it a little, but hey it's a tractor.

Charlie

/ Kubota 9540 #9  
TripleR--When my dealer brought back my 7040 from it's 50 hour service he had a big Case on the trailer(don't remember the model) with him. It was a good looking tractor and I was eye-balling it while he was unloading my tractor and I asked him about the Case. He said that you'd do better with the Kubota as they were having some problems with the Case....Electrical is what he alluded to. He was the guy that made all the deliveries, so he knew what he was transporting all the time.

My Kubota has been a real workhorse and I've enjoyed every minute on it, and I've abused it a little, but hey it's a tractor.

Charlie

I thought maybe ours was just an aberration, but most of our problems were like that, it was in the shop more than in the field. We never had any problems with the engine or transmission. It was sold to a guy whose dad owns an independent tractor shop. When it was running it was a good strong tractor.

/ Kubota 9540 #10  
after i bought my MX5100 HST i was haveing probs with it shifting through the ranges smoothly.an i finally called my dealer an he sent the head machanic to the farm an fixed the roller in the fork shifter.an i picked his brain about kubotas an cases.an he flat told me to never buy a case.because they always had probs.an that he would see 100 cases in the shop with probs vs 1 kubota with major probs.