$64,000 Kubota skid loader

/ $64,000 Kubota skid loader #2  
For that money and no closed cab and no A/C?

/ $64,000 Kubota skid loader #3  
That's a bunch, but do you figure a 90 hp track unit from Cat, Deere or Bobcat would be way cheaper? Just asking.

/ $64,000 Kubota skid loader #6  
Messick / Neal, so how have the new SVLs been selling? Not the best timing on Kubota's part given they intro'd these new units about the time the economy went south. My guess is they'll take the long view and stick with them hoping to gain market share.

/ $64,000 Kubota skid loader #7  
That does sound like a bit to much. I bought my Cat 246 tire machine with a bucket, forks, and auger with 2 bits. For 26,500. It had 25 hours on it when I got it. Now it's just over 500. I cand imagine shelling out 50k for a new one

/ $64,000 Kubota skid loader #8  
That does sound like a bit to much. I bought my Cat 246 tire machine with a bucket, forks, and auger with 2 bits. For 26,500. It had 25 hours on it when I got it. Now it's just over 500. I cand imagine shelling out 50k for a new one

This is comparing apples to oranges. First, track machines are always more expensive to begin with. Second, the 246 has a lower operating capacity than both the Kubota Track loaders. Cat prices are always high as well. A new Cat 246C ranges from $40-54,000 NEW Msrp according to the Cat site.

/ $64,000 Kubota skid loader #9  
Sounds like if you looked at comparable NEW machines, the Kubota MSRP is in the same ballpark as the other brands and, since they are new in the SS market, you might be able to make a good deal. Any owners out there?

/ $64,000 Kubota skid loader #10  
Messick / Neal, so how have the new SVLs been selling? Not the best timing on Kubota's part given they intro'd these new units about the time the economy went south. My guess is they'll take the long view and stick with them hoping to gain market share.

They've been doing shockingly well actually. Just in the last 4-6 weeks have we had any units for stock. The rest have all been retails as soon as they landed. We have about 20 out so far, none have come back and we've had several repeat purchases. As far as share goes, they've already eclipsed several companies and are in the middle of the pack... thats amazing for a new product thats only been out for a short time.