Kubota mowers

/ Kubota mowers #1  

F2036

How good are the kubota mowers? I'm thinking about a BX22xx with mower. I've never been around kubota mowers and need some good information before I buy anything.
Thanks for you replys.

/ Kubota mowers #2  
How good are the kubota mowers? I'm thinking about a BX22xx with mower. I've never been around kubota mowers and need some good information before I buy anything.
Thanks for you replys.

I'm very happy with the one on my 2004 BX23..Its a 54"MMM... Would like to find slightly better blades, but the mower itself works fantastic. It's not a Z-turn in manicure quality, but I think it's better than any garden tractor mmm that I've used.

I still have the original belt on mine if that tells you anything about the build quality...That being said, you can buy a mid priced Home Despot tractor for what the Kubota deck costs...You do get what you pay for.

/ Kubota mowers #3  
I have a B2320 with a 54mmm and a scag tiger cub zero turn with a 48" deck. The cut with the kubota is very very good. I would say that you do not get the blade speed that you do with the scag but by comparison the scag is a different animal made for commercial grass cutting. It won't pull a brush hog or mount an fel or a backhoe either. I have had two kubotas now and have been very pleased with grass cutting capability

/ Kubota mowers #4  
Our BX2200 and 2660 give as good of cut as our John Deere 425; very good cut.

I have never used a commercial mower, so I can't compare.

/ Kubota mowers #5  
I have two Kubota Mowers. A F2680 60" 2WD and a F3080 72" 4WD. They are the top of the ladder for mowers and all others step down from them.:) If it's possible to like mowing, then I almost like or don't mind as much mowing with my Fs. You can buy implements to hook up to the front and use the implements instead of the mowing deck but not a FEL.
I've also owned and used several Kubota mowing decks on the BX series tractors and never had any real problems with them. They cut good and are fairly easy to maintain with an occasional gear oil change, grease fittings and maybe even sharpen the blades from time to time.
Another less expensive option is a Rear Finish Mower on the back of the BXs, Bs and Ls and I like them to but prefer the Landpride for the RFM. Easy to attach, remove and service while doing a good cutting job.

/ Kubota mowers #6  
Thanks for you replys.

I have a BX24 with a 60 MMM and it will put a ZTR etc to shame.