Buying Advice BX25 vs B3030

/ BX25 vs B3030 #1  

DAT

Tractor
Kubota BX24
I posted a thread yesterday concerning used vs new pricing on BX24 and 25 units. Another option presented itself today. Located a very clean nice looking B3030, 2006 and 243 hours, pictures make it look very clean also includes 60" woods bush hog, asking 16k.

What is a fair price on a tractor like this? and since many of my to do projects will need a backhoe I would need to add this attachment.

So, second question concerns input on adding a backhoe - recommendations of woods or Kubota?, costs? Thoughts on adding to a B3030? Might be better just to stick with B25 route?

Thanks for the input!

/ BX25 vs B3030 #2  
The B series is noticably quieter with ability to run at much lower engine rpms then the BX's and has higher ground clearance. The BX is great for nimbleness and ease of disconnecting of attachments IMHO. The B's is a step up and if it doesnt have a BH that comes with it- you are stuck with woods or simalar 3 pt hitch BH. some people argue that a built in subframe for BH is stronger, some says they had no problem with 3 pt. Take this info with a grain of salt. It's all about size, power, ease of work you need to do.

/ BX25 vs B3030 #3  
The Kubota website show they make a BH76 for the 3030, but of course they are going to be expensive. Some on here have had good luck with Woods, but are expensive.

Woods Equipment: Product Details

/ BX25 vs B3030 #4  
The B3030 is the top of the line premium B series tractor. It is larger in size, weight, ground clearance, HP, PTO HP, hydraulic lift & working capacity and features over a BX. It not only is a step up from the BX series but it's the "premium" step up.

You don't mention if the B3030 comes w/an FEL, if so the price is VERY good, if not, it's not "too" high. The hrs you say are on it indicates its barely broke in.

I looked back but don't recall seeing what your acreage is and what other uses you'll be doing w/a tractor besides wanting a BHoe, so it's hard to compare/recommend without specifics but, a B3030 is a VERY nice tractor..... As is a BX25

I have a BX23 and I maintain alittle over 4 acres w/it. It's the perfect size for my uses which is now primarily finish mowing as I prefer it over my lawn & garden tractor for mowing. I use the FEL frequently and I've gotten to the point where I hardly use the BHoe at all. Matter of fact, I added a thumb to the BHoe and use it more for picking and placing debris & large heavy objects and for cutting up wood than digging. I did alot of digging when I 1st got it tho. Those projects eventually worked themselves out. I will say that when I need a BHoe it's the handiest implement I have, but the need isn't quite there for cost jusification purposes...
The last digging project I had was to dig a footer for my daughter & SIL's new baby bedroom addition and it was very handy for that :D
Some folks can come out ahead by just renting a large BHoe or excavator to do their projects and not buy a BHoe. Alot depends on how deep your pockets are, your needs and ofcourse, what you really want. Add-on BHoes can run anywhere from $5K to $7K installed.

So what else you plan on using a tractor for? The BX is a much better finish mower but the B3030 is much better for operating in woods and doing ground engagement type tasks.
Both can cross-over and do what the other does but not as good.
The FEL & 3PH on the B3030 has about double the power of the BX and if you put a BHoe on the B3030, it will dig approx a foot deeper, work a much bigger bucket and dig much faster. So it's all relative.

I really like my BX23 and don't need anything bigger but a B3030 at a good price would definitely peak my interest :D

Good luck
Dave

/ BX25 vs B3030 #5  
I posted a thread yesterday concerning used vs new pricing on BX24 and 25 units. Another option presented itself today. Located a very clean nice looking B3030, 2006 and 243 hours, pictures make it look very clean also includes 60" woods bush hog, asking 16k.

What is a fair price on a tractor like this? and since many of my to do projects will need a backhoe I would need to add this attachment.

So, second question concerns input on adding a backhoe - recommendations of woods or Kubota?, costs? Thoughts on adding to a B3030? Might be better just to stick with B25 route?

Thanks for the input!

I think Volfandt put it quite well. I really liked the open deck of the BX series but ultimately bought a B3030 because of the FEL height ability and capacity. I have used the BH on the 3030 for about 1 hr and am glad that I didn't get anything smaller. The B3030 is the premium machine in the B series - I have already been spoiled. It also has a standard size 3 point hitch. You can get many attachments for the BX 3 ph but it's capacity is not the same as on the B series. I already had attachments which would not fit the BX so it made sense to go with at least a B series for me.

If you are going to add a backhoe and have time then look for a used one. Some people buy a BH and really never use it. Like Volfandt says... most BH projects work themselves out. Handy when you need it then put aside for later. Mine is currently disconnected waiting for the next project. The BH attachment was one of my requirements because of a project coming up this summer. If all goes well it will pay for itself this year. It would have been a tough decision otherwise. If you elaborate on what you would like to use the BH for I'm sure you will get many good comments on whether to buy, buy bigger, or rent.

/ BX25 vs B3030 #6  
Curious about your thoughts comparing a B3030 to a B2920? And what is the deal with their naming conventions?

/ BX25 vs B3030 #7  
Curious about your thoughts comparing a B3030 to a B2920? And what is the deal with their naming conventions?

I'd recommend starting a new thread on the topic (that way you'll get more responses). There's quite a few differences, the b2x20 line has different features than the bxx30 line. The bxx30 line is positioned as a 'premium' line with more / better features, but is also a good jump up in price. I personally opted for the b2920 because it had a good feature set at a good price and I wasn't concerned about missing the premium features in the b3030.

/ BX25 vs B3030 #8  

Agree with tractchores, you will get more hits as some who have already posted on this thread won't see your question.

Some difference are position control on the 3PH on the 3030, extendable lower links, tilt steering wheel, I think, better instrumentation... You can print out the spec sheets to get a little better idea, but you also need to look at them in person to get the full effect.