Cant make up my mind...m6040 vs mx5100

/ Cant make up my mind...m6040 vs mx5100 #11  
now that your needs are expressed, i would 1st say go M series over MX. have had both, and would never go back. not sure what the increment price jump is from 6040 to 7040 but may be worth considering. same frame/engine, just more hp & 7040 has limited ft differential. the jump from 7040 to 85/9540 is big and a considerable price jump. you already know that Kubotas are a bit light on their feet, so whatever you get, consider some form of rear ballast. and strongly recommend the hyd. shuttle option, the fel & 4wd goes w/out saying. sounds like you are on the right track & wish you the best in the considerable investment. go M series & you won't be sorry.

/ Cant make up my mind...m6040 vs mx5100 #12  
M6040 comes with a wider selection of bigger loaders. Big plus. Heavier tractor all around.. Physical size is so close to the mx it is not worth debating.
A more durable tractor in my opinion and if you can swing it go for the M7040. Same tractor more grrrr.:D:thumbsup:

/ Cant make up my mind...m6040 vs mx5100 #13  
The TL is a good tractor, I understand what you are dealing with, I've got a MF5455 (100 hp) and a Kubota L5030HSTC, both with cabs, loaders, 4wd. My Kubota is the same size as the MX5100 and is a handy little size around a yard but it is very bumpy tedding or raking. The small tires and short wheel base work against it for that. It can handle round bales fine, but again, loading wagons in the field it is bumpy chasing bales.

I put the big tractor on the Kubotas bushhog now and again, and have started using it more often as the soft-ride loader, cushy seat, big tires and long wheelbase are much easier on the back in rough ground or driving on the road at 25 mph.

/ Cant make up my mind...m6040 vs mx5100 #14  
The TL is a good tractor, I understand what you are dealing with, I've got a MF5455 (100 hp) and a Kubota L5030HSTC, both with cabs, loaders, 4wd. My Kubota is the same size as the MX5100 and is a handy little size around a yard but it is very bumpy tedding or raking. The small tires and short wheel base work against it for that. It can handle round bales fine, but again, loading wagons in the field it is bumpy chasing bales.

I put the big tractor on the Kubotas bushhog now and again, and have started using it more often as the soft-ride loader, cushy seat, big tires and long wheelbase are much easier on the back in rough ground or driving on the road at 25 mph.

I think the MXX40 series comes with a soft riding spring-loaded seat. Mine did. Air ride is an option also if my memory is correct.

There was a very basic M7040 on the dealer's lot a couple of days ago that had a standard seat so maybe the softer ride is an option on the bare bones models.

/ Cant make up my mind...m6040 vs mx5100
the reason i am looking at the 6040 is because it was only $800.00 more than the m5140 spec'd the same.

I will see about the m7040. When you guys talk about the front diff are you guys saying it has positive traction on the front, whereas every other tractor i have seen has an open front differential?

Dixon-I was mistaken, i am looking for a land plane grader blade.

/ Cant make up my mind...m6040 vs mx5100 #16  
the reason i am looking at the 6040 is because it was only $800.00 more than the m5140 spec'd the same.

I will see about the m7040. When you guys talk about the front diff are you guys saying it has positive traction on the front, whereas every other tractor i have seen has an open front differential?

I don't know about anything below the 7040, but from there up have the limited slip front differential and having gone from a Case CX80 without to a M8540 with it, it is amazing how much difference it makes in the heavy mud.

/ Cant make up my mind...m6040 vs mx5100 #17  
yup triple r has it rite, limited slip diff. on 7040 & up, not below (but it is not as important imho as for example hyd shuttle).
when i purchased several yrs ago, the price incremental 60 vs7040 was around $1500. to me, the m over the mx is a no brainer in your case. apologize for sounding assertive, but i've had both series.
go M 7040. good luck!

/ Cant make up my mind...m6040 vs mx5100 #18  
yup triple r has it rite, limited slip diff. on 7040 & up, not below (but it is not as important imho as for example hyd shuttle).
when i purchased several yrs ago, the price incremental 60 vs7040 was around $1500. to me, the m over the mx is a no brainer in your case. apologize for sounding assertive, but i've had both series.
go M 7040. good luck!

Thats the same price I got between the 6040 vrs 7040 $1500 when I bought.
I paid 26,900 for the 5040(sync.shuttle)

/ Cant make up my mind...m6040 vs mx5100 #19  
bigwhitehd said:

I think the M6040 hydro shuttle will serve you well.I have one and it's a powerful machine. If its close in price though, you cant go wrong with the 7040. I would make sure to go with the Hydro shuttle also. Nottoo sure about the differential talk but I know that mine has a foot pedal by my right heel to push down to lock the differential.

/ Cant make up my mind...m6040 vs mx5100 #20  
M6040 comes with a wider selection of bigger loaders. Big plus. Heavier tractor all around.. Physical size is so close to the mx it is not worth debating.
A more durable tractor in my opinion and if you can swing it go for the M7040. Same tractor more grrrr.:D:thumbsup:

We tried out the MX5100 before getting the M7040 and it is a heavier / beefier tractor and is holding up very well. Power seemed to be pretty good on the MX5100 but the rear end was much lighter and we needed a tractor that could do most of its loader work without an implement / rear ballast attached and the M7040 did the trick there. Both tractors had loaded tires and the difference was very noticeable doing the same work.