Barlow Equipment

/ Barlow Equipment #1  

charliepff

Silver Member
Tractor
2516 Mahindra w/backhoe
Hi everyone,

My wife and I have been looking to upgrade our tractor since we bought our new house two years ago. We have finally bilt up enough money to buy. I regret to say after researching all the tractor brands we will probably not buy orange again. I will say though, Brady at Barlow equipment has been exceptional with his prices and awnsering all of my questions. He was even almost 5 thousand cheaper then my local dealer on a B3200 with a hoe. I could not have asked for better service from anyone while researching different tractors and prices. If we were staying orange I would have bought from Brady hands down. :thumbsup:

I just wanted to throw out how great my experience was dealing with Barlow Equipment.

/ Barlow Equipment #2  
So whats wrong with Orange? I bought from Brady last year and couldn't be happier :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jeff

/ Barlow Equipment
The lack of a five year warranty, no customer loyalty program, and the tractor we are looking at has better lift ratings, heavier and all metal vs most of the Kubota's.

/ Barlow Equipment #4  
Sorry to hear about your change in reference to tractor makes. I hope everything works out for you in the future. I have a L4400.

/ Barlow Equipment #5  
Glad to see when a customer leaves a tip for good service.:thumbsup:
That's how I feel about recognizing a Dealership experience, by name, with the facts of the experience, not rambling hysteria.
I've read here posts from many, many buyers and potential Tractor/Implements buyers of their experience with Messicks and Barlows and BXpanded and they've been good. Never seen where any of these Companies that pay for advertising on this site have asked customers to not disclose their names for doing a good job.
I've read here about these three "Guys" being very helpful and informative to all who contact them for info whether they buy anything from them or not. I believe that's how all three of them have expanded (BXpanded:D) their business along with decent pricing for their quality products.
I've also never heard that they tried to pressure any caller to buy anything from them, just gave them the price and info they asked for.
I'm doubting that I'll ever read on here that any of them have gone out of business because of poor sales performance.
SALES PERFORMANCE!! A key to a successful business.:thumbsup:
I've bought from Barlows 13 times plus an ocassional part and never felt pressured to buy from them. They've (Steve) has actually talked me out of buying "stuff" from him several times because what I've thought I wanted he told me I'd be dissatisfied with or it wouldn't do what I wanted done or was not worth the money.

/ Barlow Equipment #6  
Barlow treated me right and I will be back to them when the time comes to trade!

dreamer.

/ Barlow Equipment #7  
Brady Barlow is the bomb! i purchased my Grand L along with many other top shelf attachments and if and when I need something else that's where I'll go, Brady was an absolute pleasure to deal with, a gentleman in every respect.

DevilDog

/ Barlow Equipment #8  
i've noticed that most of you arent in KY where they are located? Did you do all your correspondence over the phone? No need to physically go to KY then eh? I am a little skeptical about buying from them, only because of the shipping such a long distance....Has this been an issue for anyone? How do local dealers feel/respond when a tractor from Barlows needs servicing (warranty or other repairs)....I love the price i got from Brady, but not sure the savings of $1k outweighs the issues of local servicing down the road...can anyone shed some light on this? I have narrowed my tractor to the Kubota L3800, now just find the right place to buy it.... I have the same considerations with buying within my own state, and dealing with service afterwards...I guess it would be no different than buying from KY vs 200 Miles away in the same state..... thanks !!!! :confused:

/ Barlow Equipment #9  
i've noticed that most of you arent in KY where they are located? Did you do all your correspondence over the phone? No need to physically go to KY then eh? I am a little skeptical about buying from them, only because of the shipping such a long distance....Has this been an issue for anyone? How do local dealers feel/respond when a tractor from Barlows needs servicing (warranty or other repairs)....I love the price i got from Brady, but not sure the savings of $1k outweighs the issues of local servicing down the road...can anyone shed some light on this? I have narrowed my tractor to the Kubota L3800, now just find the right place to buy it.... I have the same considerations with buying within my own state, and dealing with service afterwards...I guess it would be no different than buying from KY vs 200 Miles away in the same state..... thanks !!!! :confused:

Fact is that 90% of these Kubota tractors never see the dealership service floor again. First, setup is important, but the quality of the machine also means that darn few ever need anything warranty speaking.

Many of us are hours away from our "local" dealer anyhow and the dealer's warranty doesn't include picking up or returning your machine anyhow. I know some dealers like Barlows will talk you through some things, ship parts, etc to provide a level of dealer support. The warranty period breezes by rather quickly, I must say.

My dealer got within $100 or so of Barlows so I went local (90 minutes away), but I wouldn't have been afraid to trade with Brady if the price had been more along the lines of $500. For what it's worth. You've got to make your decision, because you'll live with it either way, I guess.

/ Barlow Equipment #10  
I had one phone call and then everything was by email. Took their price to my nearest dealer and they were over 1500 more. Emailed Brady and said start the process. Two weeks later truck was pulling down my drive in Arkansas. That was that. Almost a year and would do it again.

If my local dealer would have been under a thousand I would have thought about it.