Comparison Kubota L3540HST vs. LS R4041H

/ Kubota L3540HST vs. LS R4041H #1  

TULLY2TH

Tractor
KUBOTA L-3240HST
I thought we had decided on the Kubota, until the price increase, but after talking to an LS dealer (who used to be a JD dealer) at the farm show, we're leaning toward the LS. The LS has more hp, weight, extras,warranty, better pricing, etc.
Any advice?

/ Kubota L3540HST vs. LS R4041H #2  
I had never heard of LS, had to look it up on google. Korean company, been in US tractor business since January of 2009. Spec sheets shows tier 3 engine, not sure how they import that. Drive both, decide. Good luck with your decision. The Grand Lxx40 sure is a nice tractor though, hard to compare with off brand tractors at lower prices. Philip.

/ Kubota L3540HST vs. LS R4041H #3  
I am sure they are a nice tractor, but how much cheaper are they and ask yourself where you will get parts in 10 years.:confused:
How many dealers are within driving range?

/ Kubota L3540HST vs. LS R4041H
LS tractor is the industrial division of LG, the electronics giant. They tout being the fastest growing tractor company in the world. Mitsubishi engine. Make New Holland Boomer, etc.

Pricing is about the same, considering.... More hp, 4 cylinder, heavier, more attachments included, better loader lift , etc.

/ Kubota L3540HST vs. LS R4041H #6  
LS tractor is the industrial division of LG, the electronics giant. They tout being the fastest growing tractor company in the world. Mitsubishi engine. Make New Holland Boomer, etc.

Their website says 'Mitsubishi orgin', so I assume it is made under liscense in Korea.

'Make New Holland Boomer'? What does that mean? Fiat (Italian) owns CNH.

/ Kubota L3540HST vs. LS R4041H #7  
Please share the price quote for both, then maybe we'll have an opinion on best value. I'm sure it's a fine machine, and last long time, but unless it's 25% less for same-same then I'll stick with Kubota. Post in the "general" forum, less brand loyalty there and more opinions?

/ Kubota L3540HST vs. LS R4041H #8  
I looked at the LS tractors at the NFS last month. I would have to say that I was impressed. I really liked the U5030. It was a big stout machine. Specs are very good.

Good luck with the purchase.

Thanks for the input. Pricing on the LS R4047H is $5000 less than the Kubota L3540HST. 47hp vs 37hp. Heavier, more standard equipment, better warranty ,service, 4cyl vs 3 cyl, etc. Kubota tacked on their 4% price increase even though we were talking to them for the past month! Arrogance drove us down the road to LS.

/ Kubota L3540HST vs. LS R4041H #10  
Arrogance drove us down the road to LS.
I dont know that you can call that arrogance - at least not the price increase part... If the dealer you were working with is arrogant, that is one thing. To say they are arrogant because the Manufacturer instituted a price increase, well... The dealer has absolutely no control over that at all, whether you have been working with him for one or ten months. If you didnt order the tractor before the price increase, the dealer can't do anything about that. Just my :2cents:

I am not commenting on Kub or LS product, which you should choose, etc. just think about it a little from the dealer's vantage point.