Kubota M8560 and the M9960

/ Kubota M8560 and the M9960 #11  
Specs of the engine appear identical to the Caterpillar 3.8 engine that is built by Kubota to Caterpillar specifications so is this the Caterpillar 3.8 engine built by Kubota to Kubota specifications?

I've never heard of Kubota and CAT working together ??

/ Kubota M8560 and the M9960
Specs of the engine appear identical to the Caterpillar 3.8 engine that is built by Kubota to Caterpillar specifications so is this the Caterpillar 3.8 engine built by Kubota to Kubota specifications? Gotta love this age where when you start dissing the other guy's equipment you are dissing your own. Assuming I am right on the engine heritage and knowing how the Cat 3.8 has been doing owners of these new Kubotas will pay a higher price up front but get it paid back in better fuel economy and improved performance. Time will tell.

My local Kubota salesman said the new models will be 7% to 10% more expensive than the older models. They loaded up on two years worth of M8540s and M9540s because of it.

/ Kubota M8560 and the M9960 #13  
My local Kubota salesman said the new models will be 7% to 10% more expensive than the older models. They loaded up on two years worth of M8540s and M9540s because of it.

yea, we did same. It looks like our "two years" with of tractors by still be gone when the Tier 4's arrive.

/ Kubota M8560 and the M9960 #14  
Specs of the engine appear identical to the Caterpillar 3.8 engine that is built by Kubota to Caterpillar specifications so is this the Caterpillar 3.8 engine built by Kubota to Kubota specifications? Gotta love this age where when you start dissing the other guy's equipment you are dissing your own. Assuming I am right on the engine heritage and knowing how the Cat 3.8 has been doing owners of these new Kubotas will pay a higher price up front but get it paid back in better fuel economy and improved performance. Time will tell.

Cat partnered with Perkins for the small engines not Kubota. Kubota is still all Kubota.

/ Kubota M8560 and the M9960 #15  
Talked to my dealer today about them and he said they would be coming in this month in Fl. Don't know how true it is but he did tell me that. The 99 has an increased hp at the PTO over the 9540 but the 85 stayed the same. However, the cab has improved, along with mileage and torque at lower rpm. I was going to buy an 8540, but think I'll hold out a little longer. It should be worth the wait. Hope this helps.

/ Kubota M8560 and the M9960 #16  
I believe the cab is the same with a bit different shift linkage, but not much else; Messicks can maybe clear this up. It seems there is a bit more maintenance with the new engines, but you might want to check.

/ Kubota M8560 and the M9960 #17  
I think the main concern with most folks is the Particulate Filter. Couldn't find the info. on Kubota but found this about AGCO:

"The main diesel particulate filter must be changed at every 2 yrs. or 4,500 hrs."

AGCO may have a completely different design, not sure.

/ Kubota M8560 and the M9960 #18  
"The main diesel particulate filter must be changed at every 2 yrs. or 4,500 hrs."

AGCO may have a completely different design, not sure.

Thats not normal. the filter is loaded with lots of toxic heavy metals. The intent is that they never need to be changed.

/ Kubota M8560 and the M9960 #19  
Thats not normal. the filter is loaded with lots of toxic heavy metals. The intent is that they never need to be changed.

That's good but where does all this added expense everyone is talking with Tier 4 engines come from? To me cleaner exhaust at coming out of any engine is a win win especially if it doesn't cost any extra money, a lifetime filtering system sounds good. We're considering buying a Tier 4 and would kind like to know what to expect.

/ Kubota M8560 and the M9960 #20  
especially if it doesn't cost any extra money

it costs quite a bit of money. it varies by model, but its around an extra $4500 on a utility tractor, up to 15-20k in the very large machines. There are also many electronic sensors and other stuff to go wrong as a machines ages. For high hour machines there is enough fuel savings to pay off the extra hardware, however for our average 150 hour/year compact and utility customers is simply an added expense.