New 3130

/ New 3130 #1  

siebo

I just recieved my new 3130 HST, fel, 7' finishing mower and 6' rotary cutter. It works great. I was sure that I wanted a gear tractor but after using the HST, I now have become a believer. I want to thank everyone who gave me advice. Now if I can just figure out how to attach the rotary cutter in less than an hour. The brand is a Southern. I brought a Speeco Quick Attach but there is a welded flange under the lower links and the hook will not fit underneath it. All so it is impossible to hook the upper link because there is a bolt with the chain attached directly underneath it. Any help would be appreciated.

/ New 3130 #2  
Congratulations on the new tractor. It's the one I want if I ever trade up.

I bought a Speeco Quick Hitch at TSC this weekend to use with my KK 5' rotary cutter. It wouldn't fit! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif The QH lower hooks are the same width as the vertical braces on the RC. I will have to move the braces to the inside of the lower cross bracing on the deck in order to be able to connect. Also, I was planning to lower the pins on the RC as others have done, but the RC also has those welded flanges that you mentioned that will prohibit the QH from connecting if I lower the pins. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

The QH also wasn't going to work with my boom pole. I didn't check the carry-all or the rear blade. I ended up taking the QH back to TSC. I'll tackle this project (that's supposed to make my tractoring easier /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif) some other time.

/ New 3130 #3  
I drove a NH TC35 and the Kubota L3130 HST this weekend at the dealer. I'll have to agree with you, the HST really made the tractor. I thought I'd like the TC35 better, but the HST has me sold. Now if I can just figure out the pricing...