Buying Advice Need to add fel and backhoe to my 7500 hst - looking for advice and options

/ Need to add fel and backhoe to my 7500 hst - looking for advice and options #1  

rww_94

Tractor
7500 HST - Kubota
Need to either add an fel and hoe to my 7500 hst or look to trade for an older unit with these items. Any advise or what to look for that will work best would be much appreciated.

Rw

/ Need to add fel and backhoe to my 7500 hst - looking for advice and options #2  
You can look up what Kubota loaders and backhoes were designed for your 7500 here. Should be some aftermarket makes available too, but don't know what they would be.

Kubota Tractor Corporation - Prior Product - BSeries

click on the implements tab and find your tractor listing.

/ Need to add fel and backhoe to my 7500 hst - looking for advice and options #3  
RW,

The cost of adding the FEL $3K and BH $5K probably is not worth it for your machine in my opinion unless you can find them used. Woods makes a FEL/BH to add to your machine and there are others too.

Depending on what you want to do, the BX25 is a great little TLB while smaller than your 7500 might be one option or getting a used B21 or B26 TLB is another. Nice B21's can be found for $15-18K and B26 probably mid twentys.

The dedicated TLB's also hold their value fairly well, where the add on route probably not so much.

/ Need to add fel and backhoe to my 7500 hst - looking for advice and options #4  
RW,

The cost of adding the FEL $3K and BH $5K probably is not worth it for your machine in my opinion unless you can find them used. Woods makes a FEL/BH to add to your machine and there are others too.

Depending on what you want to do, the BX25 is a great little TLB while smaller than your 7500 might be one option or getting a used B21 or B26 TLB is another. Nice B21's can be found for $15-18K and B26 probably mid twentys.

The dedicated TLB's also hold their value fairly well, where the add on route probably not so much.

Good advice in my opinion. It would be hard to justify just the new loader on your tractor, as you will likely find one to cost $3,500. I agree it would make more financial sense to sell your tractor and buy a decent used tractor that already has a loader and hoe installed.

/ Need to add fel and backhoe to my 7500 hst - looking for advice and options #6  
Rww_94

If you are looking at the machine suggested by "Carl NH" there are a couple of errors in the listing.

The max dig depth of a B21 is a little under 8' and the weight as a TLB is closer to 4,000 pounds than the 3,000 indicated.

I had a B21 for 6 years and they are a great machine. Personally, if you have the cash, I now have a B26 and I think it is a big improvement over the B21 and well worth the extra $$ - especially if you are going to be doing a lot of back hoe work.

Good luck with your shopping!

Lauren

/ Need to add fel and backhoe to my 7500 hst - looking for advice and options #7  
HI Lauren,

Thanks for pointing out that discrepancy in the ebay listing - read your reply and said where did I mention weight! THen I relaized it was incorrect in the ebay one.. the B21 is 7.5' digging and a little over 4000 lbs.

Yes, I agree if he can afford it go B26 - I got my B21 new in late 2000 and have only 425 hrs in and it has served me well but I cant pick up everything and would like the B26 as it has 400 lbs more lift capacity (1300 vs 920).

I have one question - whats B26 the total height with the canopy ? I have 8' high doors on my barn with 93 1/2" clearance and with the B21 canopy @ 88" is close but fits fine.

/ Need to add fel and backhoe to my 7500 hst - looking for advice and options #8  
Need to either add an fel and hoe to my 7500 hst or look to trade for an older unit with these items. Any advise or what to look for that will work best would be much appreciated.

Rw
I've got a 7610 w/ a Woods BH70X BH.

LOVE IT.

I went the dealer route for the BH and with all the bells and whistles, tax and travel, weights and measures the BH cost about $8K, or about what I paid for my tractor with one BH for both.

I am now looking at upgrading to a larger tractor in the 40 to 50 HP range. And plan on getting one I can mount the BH on so I can move the BH to either tractor. The subframes cost about $1K to $1.5K.

At the time I got the BH I could have gotten a lesser one from Woods or Kubota for about 7K with all the bells and whistles, tax and travel, weights and measures. But I knew I was going to want a small tractor and a medium tractor.

/ Need to add fel and backhoe to my 7500 hst - looking for advice and options #9  
Hi Carl NH

I apologize for the delay in replying but somehow I lost track of this thread. As you probably know the B26 has a plastic roof cover over the steel FOPS so it is a little higher than the B21 but no more than a couple of inches. My B26 just fits through the door that my B21 went through with ease. I pick up my new L45 tomorrow so in the near future I will have to modify my garage roof and add a couple of panels to the garage door in order to get the L45 inside.

Good luck with finding a B26. The B21 is a great machine and a lot of folks love them and think based on a data sheet there isn't much difference but I can tell you there is a huge difference in the comfort, power and capability of a B26 vs. a B21. You are really going to like the B26 and if you can get the hoe with the thumb. I hesitated on switching for a couple of years but am really glad I made the upgrade. Your back and rear end will thank you for the B26 seat if nothing else! :)

Regards,

Lauren