Comparison Kubota B 21 TLB

/ Kubota B 21 TLB #1  

catexc

Tractor
Kubota B21, CAT 416B Backhoe, Simplicity Landlord Dlx Tractor
Is it just me, or is Kubota's B 21 TLB the hottest tractor on the market? I've had a B 20 sell out from under me and possibly a B 21. Does anybody out there own either of these machines. Please tell us what you think of them. I currently own a Ford 1920 with a loader and backhoe attachment, but have found some machanical issues with it. I'm thinking of trying to buy a Kubota B 20/21 or L 35 TLB and sell my Ford. Are these Kubotas as good as I think they are, and does this move make sense. The fact that the B 20/21s seem to sell as fast as they are put up for sale lead me to believe they are a special machine. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

/ Kubota B 21 TLB #2  
I think all you're seeing is that used tractors sell well. I rented a B21 for a week years ago and it was a good machine. I tried to buy many different used tractors at the time and all the quality ones sold quickly, regardless of brand. I wasn't a fan of the single pedal for forward and reverse but the loader was very good. I went with new since I got tired of chasing used tractors and JD because of the pedals. I do wish I had 3 hydro ranges, which the B21 did.

/ Kubota B 21 TLB #3  
They are good machines. The B21 is pretty small. If u want something bigger check out TLB B39!

/ Kubota B 21 TLB #4  
Is it just me, or is Kubota's B 21 TLB the hottest tractor on the market? I've had a B 20 sell out from under me and possibly a B 21. Does anybody out there own either of these machines. Please tell us what you think of them. I currently own a Ford 1920 with a loader and backhoe attachment, but have found some machanical issues with it. I'm thinking of trying to buy a Kubota B 20/21 or L 35 TLB and sell my Ford. Are these Kubotas as good as I think they are, and does this move make sense. The fact that the B 20/21s seem to sell as fast as they are put up for sale lead me to believe they are a special machine. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Go with the L35 if you can get one. I have a friend with a B26 - it's a great machine, but it is teeny. A B21 must be really teeny (although I imagine awfully cute).

JayC

/ Kubota B 21 TLB #5  
Teeny? If you mean the turning radius is outstanding and the tractor is highly maneuverable in tight places, like on a construction site which is where it was built to operate and withstand the rigors of falling construction equipment all the while lifting and shoving debris with its robust hydraulic system then yes, I suppose it is teeny. Although that's not the impression I get when I sit in the driver's seat and move boulders around on my property and cut in hillside pads.

It is the same size as the B26.

/ Kubota B 21 TLB #6  
I own a Kubota B21 and it has been a great machine thus far. I bought one a few years ago used with low hours and I have had zero problems with it. If you want a digging machine then buy a B21. If you want a machine that you can dig and mow with.......then buy something different. The B21 backhoe will come off.....but not with the ease of some other models. I had a JD 770 with a loader and backhoe and taking those implements off was a breeze. But.....the JD had limitations when it came to digging.....the Kubota is the same size tractor but will out dig the JD. The only thing I would change (if I could) would be the self leveling bucket......I do not like it......but it is good if you have an inexperienced driver in the rig.;)

/ Kubota B 21 TLB #7  
Teeny?? May be small but is for sure not teeny. It is a small tractor but is an industrial tractor and really pound for pound is amazing. By the way, the b26 is pretty much the same size as the b21. Only major differences are a 26 hp motor and a curved backhoe boom.

Attachments

• stump4.jpg
    stump4.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 402
   / Kubota B 21 TLB #8  
I've run both B21's and B26's for many hours. They are both very small as far in the grand scheme of TLB's, but also very capable for their size. FYI, performance wise the B26 is all round bigger than the B21. The hoe is much more capable and the loader is a bit stouter as well (also has SSQA). With that said, I'd gladly take either of them over any of their competition (Terramite, Allmand, etc)

/ Kubota B 21 TLB #9  
I think all 4WD Kubota tractors are selling really good as long as they're priced reasonably.