Front End Loader & Box Blade on L3130

/ Front End Loader & Box Blade on L3130 #1  

icat

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L3130 HST
I have narrowed my tractor seach down to the L3130 HST. Now comes "add on" time. I need/want/gotta have an FEL, but which one. The LA723 is $500 more than the LA513. With the LA513 and the other extras (R4, Box Blade, and Rotary Cutter) we're pushing $20k as is. I can not find a photo of a LA513, nor is there one in town to look at. I'm concerned that there are "disadvantages" other than size of the bucket and lift height. Can anyone with an LA513 tell me if they wish they had opted for the LA723? Are the hydraulics, arms, etc. beefier (is that a word) on the larger FEL? Or is the majority of the cost savings in the bucket alone? Usage of the FEL will primarily be landscaping & manure moving on 18 acres. The dealer told me that the LA513 would be his choice. Then he told me he doesn't have the LA723 in stock. So I'm abit concerned that the situation would be reversed if he only had the LA723 in stock.

Second question - box blade. I've read that I'll need to have a 6' box blade to "cover" the tracts of the R4's. Can someone confirm? I had originally requested quotes on a 5' Box Blade, but it now appears that may not be the best choice. Also, does anyone have the Kubota Box Blade. The dealer (who doesn't stock the blade) advises me that the Kubota blades are VERY expensive. Is it just the name, or is it a high quality unit?

Gotta thank each and everyone of you for the help so far. I am very glad that I found this site - it has been a world of help.

/ Front End Loader & Box Blade on L3130 #2  
The 723 has about 40% more lift capacity than the 513. See Kubota's side by side comparison for precise specifications. I think the Kubota model numbers indicate the lift capacity in kilograms at bucket center.

Also, look at TractorSmart, under New Equipment/Kubota/L Series/Loaders, for all the options available for each loader, as well as "factory list" pricing.

Kubota recommends either a 65" or 72" box scraper for this tractor. I don't have any experience with the Kubota units, just have noticed how heavy-duty they appear to be.

/ Front End Loader & Box Blade on L3130 #3  
The 723 loader will lift about 400 lbs more than the 513; not that the 513 numbers are low. The bucket is 6" wider.
If you want the skid steer type quick hitch in order to mount pallet forks or bale spears, you probably also want the extra capacity of the 723. For example, the 723 500mm forward lift capacity is 1400 lbs. With a bale spear, you probably still would be limited moving hay bales. With the 513 capacity of 1003 for 500mm forward, probably could rule out hay. For typical uses, the 513 probably has plenty of heft. If you are like me, it seems to make more sense to spend the extra few buck for the capacity since already spending so much on the FEL.
The price for a 6' box blade vs 5' should only be a few dollars for same quality units.

Terry

/ Front End Loader & Box Blade on L3130 #4  
I have had my L3430 for a week now, its the same size as the 3130. I have 723 loader 72" 4-n-1 bucket, 6 ft box blade and r4 tires. You will need 6ft. blade to reach the outsides of the rear tires, same for bucket. I believe there are 4 width settngs for rear tires. At widest settings, I believe the outside of rear r4's would actually be wider than 72". I have mine set at 3rd setting, I think just less than 72". Will measure tonight and post if you want.

/ Front End Loader & Box Blade on L3130
The round hay bales were a concern, but the dealer indicated that I really couldn't move the big bales with either loader. He suggested other ways to move the bales and I tend to agree with him.

I'll ask for a new quote using the 6' box blade - looks like that's a must for covering the tire tracks. Any recommendations on brand?

Still interested in hearing from someone who opted for the smaller FEL.

Thanks for the replies!

/ Front End Loader & Box Blade on L3130 #6  
3050 (Daryl?) has several posts where he talks about the ability of the 853 loader to handle round bales with ease. cowboydoc has also demonstrated that his JD will handle round bales that weigh a lot more than the rated capacity of the loader.

I wouldn't give up so easily on the idea of the 723 handling round bales.

Good point. I think the dealer will understate the abilities of the tractors (and loaders) to handle certain situations to protect themselves from liability issues. I'm pretty sure the L3130 would NOT be a good tractor if all I did every day was load 1800 lb. round bailes on trucks for delivery. On the other hand, for moving the occassional round bail 100 yards or so the tractor and loader would most likely be ok. In which case I think the LA723 would be the better loader.

/ Front End Loader & Box Blade on L3130 #8  
Checked my setup tonight, as is L3430 with r4's, tread width at rear is about 68 inches (outside of tread left to right), total outside of tire to outside of tire is 71+ inches. This can be increased an additional two inches on each side or reduced an inch or so each side. Hope this helps.

Thanks, that pretty much confirms that I'll need the 6 Foot Box Blade.

Got new quotes today! The margin is widening. Spoke to a dealer today and he gave me a great price, but he isn't any where near the property so service would be an issue. He also indicated <font color="red"> NOT </font> to go with the LA723 on the L3130. He says he doesn't feel the tractor can handle the extra weight when the bucket is full. He also insisted that the L3130 will pull a 6 foot cutter! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Any one pulling a 6' Bush Hog with this setup?

/ Front End Loader & Box Blade on L3130 #10  
It seems to me that if Kubotas engineers that designed theL3130 say that It can handle the La723 it very well should. After all they work for the company that pays for the warranty. Just a thought. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif