Real darn close on BX22!!!

/ Real darn close on BX22!!! #1  

Anonymous Poster

O.K. I'm getting a BX22, I found a great dealer. (I hope) two questions my friends.

1. is the alternator upgrade really necessary, dealer said he has installed lights for customers without a problem, and doesn't see need for Alt. upgrade.

2. should I get the rear tires loaded with calcium chloride, he said if done right rust is not a factor, I will not be mowing (not getting MMM) I think the backhoe should be enough weight but will the extra weight in the tires be a benefit.

/ Real darn close on BX22!!! #2  
I added 2 55Watt halogens, one pointed forward and one pointed back without any problems with the stock Dynamo. Any more lights than this would require the generator add on. I like lots of light and want more than the two lights. In fact, I'd like to light things up enough that I look like a UFO landing to the neighbors. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif I'm going to end up with the generator upgrade this summer so I can do this.

/ Real darn close on BX22!!!
I also added two 55w trapezoidal lights to the ROPS for use with the FEL engaged. I tapped into the OEM rear light kit connections under the seat and did not bother to change the to the alternator. No problems, so far!

Attachments

• 264604-k-mounted.jpg
    264604-k-mounted.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 116
   / Real darn close on BX22!!! #4  
I think 2-55 watt lights are about the limit. If you add another light or say a revolving yellow light, or a cab, you will need the extra amps, for $165 I would have added it IF I knew about it when I order my BX 2200 /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

As far as loading the tires, I would think the backhoe should give you the extra weight you will need when using the FEL. I filled mine with windshield fluid, and I figured I added about 70 lbs per tire.

You getting a block heater??? My dealer said I did not need one, but after this winter, I will install one before next winter. Then again if the tractor will be heated it is not needed.

Have fun and post pictures when you get it. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Thanks for your feedback. Yes I'm getting the blockheater. Gonna be a couple of years before the detached garage gets heat. Illinois winters aren't a cakewalk niether. Thanks again.

/ Real darn close on BX22!!! #6  
bugz,

For what it's worth, the manual says to not load the rear tires while the BH is attached. Actually, it says to remove the liquid ballast in the rear tires when using the backhoe. Not very convenient to add/remove the stuff. Even having one set loaded and another not isn't very convenient. I have been ignoring the manual so far, because I still use it a lot without the BH, and really want the ballast then.

I'm guessing, but I think it has to do with too much weight for the ROPS if you roll it over. It doesn't seem that it should be too much for the rear axle to handle, so that's the only other thing that makes sense.

Kevin

With an almost 700 lb backhoe on the back, I can't imagine any reason I'd WANT to load my tires! When the BH is off, I have a 3-pt weight that works just fine. But with the BX-22, a good solution that may mimic the loading advantages might be rear wheel weights such as those from EZ-Weights. (http://www.ezweights.com/)