Reccomendation on M7040 and price check.

/ Reccomendation on M7040 and price check. #11  
Thanks for the info. Sounds like for my needs either one will do more than I need. Just do not ever want to have to trade and hope this will be the last tractor. What options are there on the tractors if any one knows.

May wonna get that cab if its your last tractor,and the 7040:D

/ Reccomendation on M7040 and price check. #12  
I agree with you foreman etexas. When we started lookin at this tractor I was thinkin way down the road to when the older he gets the more the cab would be wanted. Friend of mine bought a tractor several years ago, now retiring and spending more time on it than ever. His tractor is like new but now wishing he had a cab. Says he at his age he'd never get the use out of a new one tho. On large purchases that are meant to last my regrets are usually not getting it like I want. Sometimes a simple is better if thats what you want. I have a 98 jeep with 150,000mile and wouldnt even glance at a new one.

/ Reccomendation on M7040 and price check. #13  
I agree with you foreman etexas. When we started lookin at this tractor I was thinkin way down the road to when the older he gets the more the cab would be wanted. Friend of mine bought a tractor several years ago, now retiring and spending more time on it than ever. His tractor is like new but now wishing he had a cab. Says he at his age he'd never get the use out of a new one tho. On large purchases that are meant to last my regrets are usually not getting it like I want. Sometimes a simple is better if thats what you want. I have a 98 jeep with 150,000mile and wouldnt even glance at a new one.

Im only 33 and in these hot summers,the cab in really nice,and my sinus's kill me when shredding in the open station. I also have my sons with me and keeping them in a cab is alot safer and then they dont have to breath the dust when mowing and trying to keep up with 2 boys and watch what your doing in an open station,just aint gonna happen. I love my wife,she said whats 42 when your already spending 36,000 over 72mnths,what another 100 bucks,get what you wont,cause I aint hearing it down the road:D

/ Reccomendation on M7040 and price check.
Wow. This is the real problem, started off looking at used 45hp stuff, then go looking new, then 55hp then 60 then 70hp. Where does it stop. Im 46 and I guess this might be my last tractor but who knows. Unfortunately, im behind a desk 5 days a week and really feel confined in a cab. I know all the advantages with a cab but I will not be spending hours on end on a tractor. Just basically cleaning up the old home place 50 acres and wanting to make sure I get enough tractor to do all the things I mentioned before. I may be sorry if I do not get the cab but Im pretty sure I will not. Fortunately no sinus problems and I like being out in the open. I have looked at Mihindra, Massey, New holland, Case Ih, Not really a deer fan but sure they have good tractors. I own several older yanmar tractors and presently have an David/Brown 885 on the farm. Really impressed with the Japanese tractors, quality and build. Really like that Kubota makes it all with their tractors. Really came close to buying Mihindra but just have not pulled the trigger. I think they are a good tractor but just have not/could not buy yet. Thats when I decided to go visit my local Kubota dealer and drive the M series tractors. Started looking at the M5140 and thought that since the tractors are the same size in the series started looking at 60 and m7040 so here we are. I do like these tractors and it is probably at the top of my list right now. Thanks for all the opinions, keep them comming.

/ Reccomendation on M7040 and price check. #15  
Wow. This is the real problem, started off looking at used 45hp stuff, then go looking new, then 55hp then 60 then 70hp. Where does it stop. Im 46 and I guess this might be my last tractor but who knows. Unfortunately, im behind a desk 5 days a week and really feel confined in a cab. I know all the advantages with a cab but I will not be spending hours on end on a tractor. Just basically cleaning up the old home place 50 acres and wanting to make sure I get enough tractor to do all the things I mentioned before. I may be sorry if I do not get the cab but Im pretty sure I will not. Fortunately no sinus problems and I like being out in the open. I have looked at Mihindra, Massey, New holland, Case Ih, Not really a deer fan but sure they have good tractors. I own several older yanmar tractors and presently have an David/Brown 885 on the farm. Really impressed with the Japanese tractors, quality and build. Really like that Kubota makes it all with their tractors. Really came close to buying Mihindra but just have not pulled the trigger. I think they are a good tractor but just have not/could not buy yet. Thats when I decided to go visit my local Kubota dealer and drive the M series tractors. Started looking at the M5140 and thought that since the tractors are the same size in the series started looking at 60 and m7040 so here we are. I do like these tractors and it is probably at the top of my list right now. Thanks for all the opinions, keep them comming.

If the 5140 is anything like the 5040 it will do anything you need done on the 50ac. I use the 5040 at my lease place and its 136acres.
5040&sprayer top view.JPGmowing.JPGtractor1 (ADQ v1).jpg

/ Reccomendation on M7040 and price check. #16  
I have the M7040 without the cab and love it. I didn't want the cab as besides the horse pasture I have a lot of trees here in East Texas and I knew that I would beat the heck out of the cab. Those big pretty windows are really expensive. After a year and 5 mo. this tractor has been everything that I wanted or needed. Dirt work, moving hay, shredding pasture, and even got to plow snow in Feb 2011.

Mine is a M7040 SU, no HST just gears an simple. Just a hard working tractor and a blast to drive. The dust when shredding can get a little tough, but the heat just makes that cold one even better at the end of the day.

Charlie

/ Reccomendation on M7040 and price check.
I have the M7040 without the cab and love it. I didn't want the cab as besides the horse pasture I have a lot of trees here in East Texas and I knew that I would beat the heck out of the cab. Those big pretty windows are really expensive. After a year and 5 mo. this tractor has been everything that I wanted or needed. Dirt work, moving hay, shredding pasture, and even got to plow snow in Feb 2011.

Mine is a M7040 SU, no HST just gears an simple. Just a hard working tractor and a blast to drive. The dust when shredding can get a little tough, but the heat just makes that cold one even better at the end of the day.

Charlie

Now that is what im thinking. You hit the nail on the head.

/ Reccomendation on M7040 and price check. #18  
I don't have a 7040, so my post may be of little use, so my only contribution is before buying, try the Hydraulic Shuttle Shift against a Synchro Shuttle or straight gear unit. We traded our Synchro Shuttle Shift Case CX80 for a Kubota M8540 HDC and it is much easier for us to use. Now I am 64, but my sons are 33 and 43 and they much prefer it; just an observation.

My brothers are happy with their straight geared units, so different strokes.

/ Reccomendation on M7040 and price check. #19  
I am a rookie hobby farmer. I recently bought 93 acres with about 45 acres of field/grass. I wanted a 10 ft brush hog for mowing so I went with the 7040. I bought a 2010 with the HST, FEL, Cab for 32000 from a neighbor. He gave me a great deal so he didnt have to deal with selling it. Its perfect - comfortable, easy to use (I have never used/driven a tractor before) and just the right size.

/ Reccomendation on M7040 and price check. #20  
I have the 7040 HSDC - hydraulic shuttle and love it. It is a bit too much tractor for my current setup but I've just rented some land from my neighbour and so I will grow into it.

I like the cab a lot. I'd strongly recommend it!

I do miss the HST from time to time. I love the fact with an HST that the tractor stops dead exactly where you want it. It takes some practice with the geared unit and you can get close with practise but never as precise as the HST.

I do wish they had an extra gear or two in each range. In the low range a gear between 3 and 4 would be perfect. In the high range, a gear before 1 would be nice. I tend to do most of my work between 3 and 4 in the low range

In Canada the Kubota M20 loader is an ALO loader - quite nice. I REALLY like the Euro / Quickie style QA since you don't have to get off the tractor to lock the pins.

Hard to go wrong with this model I think. It is a very nice unit.