Price Check L 4610

/ L 4610 #1  

Frankman

Tractor
None yet
I was looking into purchasing a new tractor and came across a 2002 or 2003 L4610 with a fel, bucket forks, and backhoe with a 12", 18" , and 24" buckets. It has 377 hrs and is a glide shift, and has R4's for the tires. It looks almost new. He wants 19000 and is firm. Is it worth what he is asking? It is much more tractor then what I was looking at in that price range for a new unit. I was looking into a L3800 or a 3616 mahindra ... Sound like I should pull the trigger and snatch this instead?

/ L 4610 #2  
Without the backhoe, I would think that tractor is worth around 14-15k. Low hours are really nice and if it's in great shape it should be a great tractor.

If you have a lot of use for the backhoe then that could be a very nice setup depending on what you'll be doing with it. I wouldn't worry about it being too big by any means.
The only hesitation I would have is if you don't really NEED the backhoe. You can get a lot of tractor for 19k on the used market if you can do without the backhoe.
Let me know if you have any specific questions. I have the same tractor aside from HST.

/ L 4610
Thanks for the reply. I went and looked at it today. it was a decent tractor. It had more wear then he said it did or then the pics showed. I had a lot of clutch pedal wear for the hours I thought. Kind of got me thinking.... The tractor and loader were in very good shape. The back hoe was a woods brand. had some surface rust on the painted parts but worked good. It was a 1998 model 9800 I think? The loader was a La 852 I believe with a quick detach set up but not like the newer models.. Kind of on the fence.. Not sure what to do......

/ L 4610 #4  
If you don't love it I wouldn't stress over it. It isn't a "steal" by any means and there are plenty of good used tractors around if you aren't in a hurry.
Mine has been great and I haven't had any issues with it. They are great tractors but very basic, pretty bare bones tractors.
Why not make him an offer that you'd be happy paying? Worst he can say is no. :)
If the hours really are that low then I can't see much being wrong with the machine, but of course that is just speculation.