MMM v/s rear finish mower

/ MMM v/s rear finish mower #1  

YGuy

Tractor
B7500 (ordered)
My dealer just called and told me that my MMM that he ordered for me would not fit the B7500 because the bradco backhoe's subframe mount mounts to the bracket that holds the MMM. QUESTION: Should I scrap the backhoe and go with the MMM or get a rear finish mower and keep the hoe. Also, how well does the RFM do in comparison to the MMM.
Thanks for your suggestions. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ MMM v/s rear finish mower #2  
Simple answer...if you need the hoe, than you should get the hoe and deal with the mower as appropriate. While a MMM can make some mowing tasks a little easier, it's a lot easier to use a backhoe to dig holes than a shovel!! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ MMM v/s rear finish mower #3  
Are you serious? Scrap the BH because the MMM won't fit? Wow. If I had to choose there'd be no question I'd keep the BH.

The RFM does a good job - good enough to justify keeping the hoe.

I'm still a little flabbergasted by this question.

/ MMM v/s rear finish mower #4  
I wish I had a BH. In fact the guys at work said if I get a BH they will chip in and buy me a trailer - such nice guys. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I just took delivery of my 7800 with a RM. The grass was at least 8" in spots and it did a great job. I cut to about 3-3 1/2" and it looks great. I have some grape vines and was able to pick up the RM back in, put it down, and pull out - worked great.

I'd go with the RM and BH package

Frank /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ MMM v/s rear finish mower
Ouch... You guys are rough on a fellow.... I really want the hoe and think I would use it more than I can imagine. The only issue I have is trying to move from location to location. I appreciate your insight and especially use of the word flabbergasted. Didn't mean to give you a heart attack with my question... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ MMM v/s rear finish mower #6  
Didn't mean to come across like that. Sorry.

You gotta admit, though - weighing a MMM against a hoe?

I have a RFM and it works great. So far the limiting factor on my mowing speed is the rough surface of my lawn - not the capacity of the mower.

There is a veritable encyclopedia on the subject of MMM vs. RFM on this board. Do a search and and you will have more info than you probably want.

Enjoy that back hoe - I'm jealous.

/ MMM v/s rear finish mower #7  
Besides, with the money you save switching from MMM to a RFM, you can buy another attachment! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ MMM v/s rear finish mower #8  
Yguy,

The rear finish mower will do a better job of mowing over the MMM. However, the MMM is easier to manuever around things and to me constantly turning around to check the Rear Mower would be tough on ones neck. If your mowing is in a wide open space you wouldn't have to turn the head so much. All in all though if you got use for the backhoe then I would get that.

murph

/ MMM v/s rear finish mower #9  
the rfm gives a pretty good cut, and is much easier to attach and remove, how much use do have for the BH? iknow i would love to have a BH but for the no. of times i would use it on my property it is not a cost effective attachment. REALLY IS YOUR CALL! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif